• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Software problem

I installed windows and now when I boot up it get a message NTDLR Missing

Press CTL ALT DEL to restart

boot into the recovery console from the cd and try fixboot and fixmbr
    [H]4 Life
    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
    I'm a lesbian too.
    I am for hire!

Comment

I HATE this problem... it has to do with the master boot record being corrupted... I have tried a dozen ways to fix this, but I "think" that it had something to do with the closeness of my subwoofer... I moved the sub and the problem stopped happening...

but to fix the drive I did a low level format, seagate has a utility to do this... basically it completely zeros out the drive... I thought it was a problem with the cdrom or the cdrom drive... swapped cables.. nada...

the worst part was that I couldnt' find crap on WHY it was happening... but you are formatting because you had a major crash - I bet... drive has been in use - I bet... format a dozen times, install fresh windows... still craps on ya... this was my solution and it worked on two drives that I had this issue with...

the drive is still good, cause you can take it as is and hook it to a desktop as a second drive... no problems... add this to the list of frustrations...
      EPIA SP13000, 512 DDR400, Seagate 300GB, Belkin PCI 802.11g w/external antenna, Holux GM-210 GPS, XM Direct w/ serial, Dlink FM, Opus 120 p\s, Rockford P4004 amp, Xenarc 7" VGA touchscreen custom mounted in double din spot -- see pics and write up here!!

Comment

I had the same problem and i fixed it by installing it on another pc and doing a full format.
        2Fast's Tumbleweed - Spag bol's Tumbleweed - 2Fast's site

Comment

Working...
        X