Download (legal)music videos2 + (legal)mp3's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Download (legal)music videos2 + (legal)mp3's

Is it just me that has the problem of some being recorded / sampled louder than others?

I'm sure I saw a winamp plugin to 'normalize' them all on the fly etc.

Does anything exist to either (a) 'plugin' to media player (I hate winamp) or (b) batch convert them all, doing it by hand is time consuming.

I /would/ like winamp, but it seems to play videos more 'jerkily' tham wmp10 on my system.
    Lez, more widely known as flez1966

You could try mp3gain for your mp3's.
    Only true postwhores remember everything they post

REP CLUB IS DEAD
    LONG LIVE REP CLUB

Comment

music match jukebox has the volume normalize function
      PC Components:
      Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
      My work log

Comment

soundforge will normalise your mp3's dunno about the vids though

Comment

well its not often I play mp3's, most of my collection is now vid.

Comment

Originally posted by lez
            Is it just me that has the problem of some being recorded / sampled louder than others?

I'm sure I saw a winamp plugin to 'normalize' them all on the fly etc.

Does anything exist to either (a) 'plugin' to media player (I hate winamp) or (b) batch convert them all, doing it by hand is time consuming.

I /would/ like winamp, but it seems to play videos more 'jerkily' tham wmp10 on my system.
            I use zoomplayer which gives you a LOT of functional control of the filters...and ffdshow filter for the audio filter...which allows you to normalize (and a bunch of other stuff)

Comment

but are they 'on the fly' plugins or do I have to load/modify/save each one by hand?

Comment

That sounds really cool, i wish everything i played in my car was a video...I haven't actually ever played any music videos in my car...

Thanks for the inspiration and good luck with your volume problems

Comment

Originally posted by lez
                  but are they 'on the fly' plugins or do I have to load/modify/save each one by hand?

they are 99% "configure once" filters...you configure the player to use em and leave em alone.

You configure the filter to modify the sound coming out to your satisfaction (normalize the sound, change the speaker config from 2 to 5, change eq settings, etc) and then leave em alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Spike

Thanks for the inspiration and good luck with your volume problems
                    Yup get building!

The only reason the problem exists is people who make the vids/rips etc are dumb and dont get it right in the first place.

They connect MTV to their chepo VGA card with video in and grab every pop video they can, stamp their name on the bottom of the screen then upload them to every p2p network they find, without a care for quality or decent editing.

I remember spending nearly 4 days on one 3 minute video getting it right, on a 486 that could only capture in 30 second chunks!

(sorry it was only the spice girls)

Comment

Working...
                    X