Do i need a deck that plays DVD?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do i need a deck that plays DVD?

If i don't buy a DIN-mountable all-in-one DVD/MP3/LCD unit and choose to get the deck, nav and screen separately, what exactly do i get? Do i just get any deck? Or does it have to play DVD? And if i have the nav DVD in there, how do i listen to music? If it doesn't have to play DVD, does that mean i'll never be able to play DVD movies?

If you aren't getting a computer, there aren't too many 'new' decks that have Nav seperate, I think with the exception of Alpine and Kenwood.

You're probably asking for more trouble than it's worth to do things seperately. Just find a used AVIC-N1 somewhere.

Comment

What benefits will i get by getting a computer, as opposed to the nav you mentioned? How much more/less will it cost, and what will it allow me to do?

Comment

check the FAQ section......*cough* n00b *cough*
        PC Components:
        Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
        My work log

Comment

You are dealing with a site that people building computer in their car for navigation and stuff. The question you are asking, most people here don't have a clue what it is or don't bother to know what the **** it is.
          So basically, you are asking the wrong people.
          2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
          89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
          Y2K Accord Dell GX150
          RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
          EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Working...
          X