iMobile in a "real" car?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iMobile in a "real" car?

Clark Howard mentioned some new Brazilian car that would be able to run on corn, sugar, gas, and other fuels. After checking it out, I noticed they were designing them to include CarPCs running iMobile. I've seen some other threads where the consensus is that iMobile is gleening info from boards like MP3Car while still making a substandard product. Whether that's true or not, they certainly are claiming quite a few capabilities and it's still nice to see any CarPC break into the production car market.

Obvio 828... scroll down to the "Acessories and iMobile carputer" heading

Interesting car, regardless. Apparently it can go from 0-60 in about 5 secs since it weighs less than my spare tire!
    Real Genius Designs, Inc.

thats the ****in queerest car i've ever seen.

Comment

It looks like something out of a Dr. Sueus book. I'd be scared to tough the thing for fear that I'd break it.
      Here it is! My carputer install! 1997 BMW M3

Comment

A car made entirely out of plastic?!?! It needs the windshield for part of it's structural integrity? I wonder if it'll melt on a hot day,lol.
        Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic - Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

Originally posted by LegoGT
          able to run on corn, sugar, gas, and other fuels.
          Will it run on candy corn?

Comment

As an owner of one of the first imobile systems I can attest to the fact that they had features in there way before any front end claimed to have had them. Additionally, it's a simple install without any configurations, plugins, INIs, modules, etc.

I'm one of the many imobile fans here that should speak up as you do get what you pay for!

Comment

Originally posted by jakem
              As an owner of one of the first imobile systems I can attest to the fact that they had features in there way before any front end claimed to have had them. Additionally, it's a simple install without any configurations, plugins, INIs, modules, etc.

I'm one of the many imobile fans here that should speak up as you do get what you pay for!
              If you have it and use it, then why don't you post a nice extensive review detaililng it in all its glory in the Review Palace so that we all see what it's about, since they don't offer any type of demo version.

Looking forward to a review of this software.. thanks..
              Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

yikes that loooks like crap.... i bet it wont come to much, especially here in brazil....

brazilians and brazilian companies have a tendency of taking GREAT ideas, and implementing them half-assedly........
                Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
                Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

ps: now that i come to think of it, my carpc is actually a bit of proof to this... although carpcs cant be taken as example since they are just sooo complex
                  Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
                  Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

Working...
                  X