Where do I start?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do I start?

I want to be build my own Carputer. Where do I start?

Welcome to the forums. Start by reading here: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=106
    AtmosUSA.biz, E-Cig Mods
    "A great smoking alternative"

Comment

This is a great first post. Simple and to the point: Where do I start?

Here's a link that has a LOT of links organized around the different topics. It's a FAQ to the FAQ's.

Here's a link to "The quickest way to learn about CarPC's" that's set up for Newbies.

Have fun and welcome.
      Originally posted by ghettocruzer
      I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
      Want to:
      -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
      -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Cheers guys. I'll get reading!

Comment

I think the only thing I am certain of is I would like to have it mounted in the dash in place of the stereo.

Comment

That's how I did mine. A lot of people do like to keep the HU though. If they have trouble w/the computer, they can still have music.

I didn't want to do a lot of fabrication, and the spot the factory radio was in was nearly perfect for the Lilliput monitor. And the factory radio sucked anyway, it didn't have any good features that I would miss.

I have been lucky w/my setup being pretty stable. I spent a month or so reading the forums, then started buying the parts I wanted. We installed it over a long weekend, and I've been very happy ever since.

Good luck!

Comment

how do you play music through your speakers w/o a reciever?
              CLICK ME FOR BMW CARPUTERS

95 Avus M3
              Mods: ;-)
              Carputer: Lilliput 619, GPS= LT-20 Receiver, IGuidance 3 & Streets & Atlas 2K6, RR Front End, Removable Dell Inspiron Laptop, More to come........

Comment

use a four channel amp. Hook the sound outs from the pc/sound card to your amp using something like these:

and run the speaker wire to the speakers or just to the previous connections near where the head unit used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by bimmeracer
                  how do you play music through your speakers w/o a reciever?
                  Check the FAQ Emporium. There's a FAQ on this.
                  Originally posted by ghettocruzer
                  I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
                  Want to:
                  -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
                  -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

IMO: I think you should read this thread first.
                    AtmosUSA.biz, E-Cig Mods
                    "A great smoking alternative"

Comment

Working...
                    X