Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Google Dashboard prototype (announced as project)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Dashboard prototype (announced as project)

Larry Page (founder of Google) announced at his keynote speech at CES in Las Vegas that google has been working on a prototype dashboard (with VW) that uses google earth. (link: http://www.engadget.com/2006/01/06/l...oogle-keynote/ ). What do you think? I know people have talked about using google maps/earth, but google doing it themselves, and if they have their way and set up everyone with a mobile computer that is integrated into everything always (free wi-fi/cellular broadband) it could be distrubuted by google and powered by add revenue (featured listings or even popups as you search for a POI). THoughts???

Interesting. I'm certain it'll be a big hit - as is pretty much everything google has been doing lately. I wonder if it will be pretty close to their "Google Local Mobile" once implemented.
    www.mobile-effects.com

Free file hosting, picture gallery hosting for installs, PM me.

Internet's first Front End Skin browser, featured installs, downloads, links, informative articles - all free to registered users.

Comment

I want to see video of that keynote speech just to see the Robin Williams bit.
      Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
      How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert
        I want to see video of that keynote speech just to see the Robin Williams bit.

I know. If anyone knows where to find a video feed of it please post.

Comment

Working...
        X