Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the most popular vehicle for a CarPC?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the most popular vehicle for a CarPC?

Just for interest's sake...

Some models lend themselves to being more popular than others for installing a CarPC in. For example, I seem to see a lot of people installing CarPCs in Jettas as well as E46 bimmers.

What do you think are the most popular model vehicles for installing a CarPC in? List the make and model!

I'm gonna have to say... 90' ford taurus GL. The Griswald's

Comment

'98-'02 Honda Accord....

2 Double din areas
      Post # 3000

Comment

A poll is in order.

Comment

Originally posted by kirbycope
          A poll is in order.
          I thought of that...but what would be in the poll?

Comment

i say the new altimas 02-06..theres a BUNCH on here along with the bimmers and VWs
            i got dat ***** sittin on 22s! SUPERMAN EDITION!

Comment

there are a lot of installs in cars that have available premade kits like the subaru wrx, nissan 350z & bmw 3-series

Comment

Originally posted by Rafster
                '98-'02 Honda Accord....

2 Double din areas
                there isnt 2 double din areas, but there is a double din area......and a pocket below with similar space.....there is also an option (which most of us get) to install a 3rd single din there....to run your head unit.

so far, including myself i've seen about 7 of these on this site maybe 8.....so I will agree for popularity.

I thought once that I was a unique snowflake.....
                actually i stole most of my ideas from another user here.....well the 3rd din part....before me I recall seeing 2 other users who had similar setups....but after me they kept rolling on in.

but i agree with the above guy....there are a ton of subarus and bmws here.....and there are also a good number of explorers
                PC Components:
                Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
                My work log

Comment

Too many VW and BMW installs
                  PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                  GammaControl v2.4
                  SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

too many?

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples
                      there isnt 2 double din areas, but there is a double din area......and a pocket below with similar space.....there is also an option (which most of us get) to install a 3rd single din there....to run your head unit.

so far, including myself i've seen about 7 of these on this site maybe 8.....so I will agree for popularity.

I thought once that I was a unique snowflake.....
                      actually i stole most of my ideas from another user here.....well the 3rd din part....before me I recall seeing 2 other users who had similar setups....but after me they kept rolling on in.

but i agree with the above guy....there are a ton of subarus and bmws here.....and there are also a good number of explorers
                      I thought the bottom cubby was +/- double din....

Peace,

Rafster
                      Post # 3000

Comment

http://www.sjgreatdeals.com/sisha1573b.html

its not a double din, but people have installed in that spot. i can't find what i thought i once saw. maybe i'm wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Freelander
                          http://www.sjgreatdeals.com/sisha1573b.html

its not a double din, but people have installed in that spot. i can't find what i thought i once saw. maybe i'm wrong
                          thats the wrong gen accord.

http://handaaccessories.com/accelect00.html

ex audio attatchment kit
                          PC Components:
                          Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
                          My work log

Comment

EVERY vehicle can become a victim! <insert evil grin here>

If a certain car doesn't lend itself to having a computer installed, the fabricators didn't try hard enough!
                            http://www.jeepmp3.com/
                            CarPC Stolen. Starting over.
                            Ne1 recognize the avatar?

Comment

Originally posted by Jackboot
                              I thought of that...but what would be in the poll?
                              The poll could be the makes of cars, i.e. Chevy, Lexus, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X