No announcement yet.

Questions regarding PC to Car speakers.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions regarding PC to Car speakers.

Yes, I know, It's probably been covered a million times. That's the problem. TOO many search results and most regarding sound card to amp or sound card to cd player jacks. Please try to forgive me for not finding my exact answer in the search results. So try and help me out. I'd do the same for you guys!

I currently have no cd player or any type of stereo in my car. Only a whole where it was before I tossed it in the back.

So I took a line out stereo wire and cut the jack off and stripped a little wire. I tried twisting the wire into the "left front positive" and the ground on the wire into the "left front negative" several differnt ways for testing with no results.

So my questions are:

Does the PC put out enough power through the audio jacks to even get the car stock speakers moving or do I absolutely need a amplifier?

Or did I just wire them wrong?

I would do more testing but I hate to keep my car running for so long.

you absolutely need an amp.
    PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
    GammaControl v2.4
    SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

that's unfortunate

I figured. How many watts or amps would the cheapest 2 channel use? I have an inverter so AC is an option. All I want is sound. My speakers are 17 years old stock so I'm not expecting much.

Comment

search ebay i guess
        GammaControl v2.4
        SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

As previously posted, you must have an amp. Since you are using factory speakers, you don't need much. I ran a quick search on eBay, found a Kraco 80 watt 2 channel amp for $7.00 plus $6.00 shipping. Price equals quality but should fit your needs. Just run an ebay search and sort "lowest price first." 80 amps is well more than you need for 2 stock speakers.
          Don't hold your farts in! They travel up your spine, into your brain, and that's where you get crappy ideas from!!!

Comment

I would just throw in some cheap pc speakers, not trying to be mean, but it sounds like a ghetto setup for now at least. And you already have the ac outlet so why not
            Progress,.... that is what I keep forgetting ;)
            planning_[++++++++++]. 110%
            parts___[++++++----] around 60%
            install___[-----------] -9,000%

Comment

Yeah.. already thought of the pc speaker idea. I don't think I have the wattage to spare. I had to underclock both graphics card and cpu to keep it from overloading. Not only that, but I've read of people having lots of static in pc speakers. Plus, it'd be much easier to work off what I have now. I actually have 4 speakers but I was just going to tie in the rears with the front. I'm gonna assume that 80 watts will still do just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by dagnasty
                Yeah.. already thought of the pc speaker idea. I don't think I have the wattage to spare. I had to underclock both graphics card and cpu to keep it from overloading. Not only that, but I've read of people having lots of static in pc speakers. Plus, it'd be much easier to work off what I have now. I actually have 4 speakers but I was just going to tie in the rears with the front. I'm gonna assume that 80 watts will still do just fine.
                i would assume so

im running 450watts for just my speakers
                2004 Mazda3s

Comment

I have a lot of car audio parts from several of my previous set ups...I have three 4 channel amps, a 180 watt two channel amp....some kenwood excellon speakers. If you want, you don't have to be stuck with a ghetto set up...I could hook you up for cheap
                  PostCount++

- SrCsTc's Bezel
                  - Alpine W200/H701
                  - ED Nine.2X
                  - OZ Matrix Elites
                  - ED Nine.1
                  - Idmax 12's

Comment

if you only knew

if you only knew what a piece of **** my car is. I've only spent 40 bucks on my carputer so far. The inverter and the wireless card.

I might try hooking up my piece of **** cd player and using the inputs on the back. I think it was broke but not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by dagnasty
                      if you only knew what a piece of **** my car is. I've only spent 40 bucks on my carputer so far. The inverter and the wireless card.

I might try hooking up my piece of **** cd player and using the inputs on the back. I think it was broke but not sure.
                      Well....let me know if you need any audio parts...i posted a thread in the classified section. If you want your music to sound decent, you might need an amp of some sort and some decent speakers.
                      PostCount++

- SrCsTc's Bezel
                      - Alpine W200/H701
                      - ED Nine.2X
                      - OZ Matrix Elites
                      - ED Nine.1
                      - Idmax 12's

Comment

dagnasty: what kind of car do you have?

Dodge Aries?
                        GammaControl v2.4
                        SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

A Yugo?
                          Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
                          How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

there's a little hack you can do with an old car tape deck...if you got an old one lying around i'll give you instructions for it

Comment

nah

90 Ford Taurus GL, otherwise known as the Griswald's family car.

I ripped the old stereo out by grabbing the internals of the tape area with a wrench and yanking til it self destructed.

Comment

Working...
                              X