Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hate to be such a noob but.....car suggestions...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hate to be such a noob but.....car suggestions...

Okay....my '93 300ZX is just getting tired...too much driving to from school, work, girlfriend, etc. I was hoping to wait until I'm done with school, but I just had to spend $1100 fixing some suspension problems and I 1) can't afford to lose my car to the shop for more than a day again and 2) don't want to spend all that money again in case something goes wrong. It's worked wonderfully for the 6 years I've owned it (only had some suspension problems and replaced radiator) but I can tell it's time to get something new.

So!!!

I'd like to keep it under $24k...options so far:

2006 Mazda 3 (my parents and my brother have one...excellent car for the money and I've driven it a lot already)
    2006 Civic Si (haven't seen one in person, I like the engine, not sure about the styling)
    2006 Sentra SE-R (not so sure about the styling)

What else is out there??? Ford Focus just has a far too weak engine. Also, which of these cars would be easiest for a CarPC installation?

I'm planning to go to the DC Auto Show this weekend to look around...I wish I could afford a WRX because I like it and because there's that in-dash kit for it.. lol
    EWF, HORM, MinLogon on XP.

Zotac ION Atom N330, 2GB low-profile RAM, M3-ATX
    Win Embedded Std 2011 RC
    OCZ Vertex Turbo 30GB SSD
    Lilliput 629 Transflective, WRX Screen Mount
    BlueSoleil BT, i-Blue GM-2 GPS, DirectedHD Radio, Andrea Mic
    VoomPC 2

alright f**kers!!!! see the next time I answer a damn EWF question!!!

just kidding...come on...NO ONE has any suggestions? any comments on those cars?

I'm thinking of bumping up my price to include the RSX Type S....I priced one online for about $25,500.

Win Embedded Std 2011 RC
    VoomPC 2

Comment

the mazda 3 is nice. if you are still wanting sporty and you are not so concerned about storage etc... i would get a pontiac solstice. they are awesome. i have done a test drive and i loved it.
      CarPuter Progress

-10% still planning
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
      (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Ok, So I assume the 300ZX is paid for. . . You are willing to spend 24k on a new car but not 1-2k to fix the one you've got? Id avoid debt any day. But what the hell, The RSX Type S is Niiiiiice. My friend Amanda traded her older model vette for one. She loves it, drives well, handels well, and overall an excellent car! You might look at BMW 5 series, although I have no clue on actual price. Or. . . VW GTI?? Wish I had 25k to throw at a new car. GL to you. Look forward to seeing other replys too.
        If only everthing in life would do what I WANTED it to, rather than what it was SUPPOSED to do.

Comment

For 24K (if that) you can get a NICE Scion tC supercharged 2.4L I4 pushing 200HP and 190something lbs of torque... and it's a Toyota so you know you are not buying a crappy brand of a car...plus all the extras it comes with it.. the Mazda/Honda/Nissan can only dream about at that price range

The base car is 16000... you get a supercharger that's another 3500 or so... that's 19500... and if you want to get any extras that would be more.. but if you get a just a base model and a SC.. out the door it shouldn't be more than 22K

-Emo

Comment

for under 24K...base WRX.

Comment

Originally posted by Emo
              For 24K (if that) you can get a NICE Scion tC supercharged 2.4L I4 pushing 200HP and 190something lbs of torque...
              -Emo
              200 and its supercharged? what a pos.
              do some research on http://www.intellichoice.com/search/...ew/15000/25000

Comment

i agree 24k is way too much for a scion. i reccommend the new galants. my buddy has one and its ******* FAST. or maybe its just his crazy *** driving. all i know is they are good cars and performance is real good on it.
                i got dat ***** sittin on 22s! SUPERMAN EDITION!

Comment

Does it have to be new? Slightly used Lexus vehicles cost around your price. And just do regular maintenenece and you should be fine. The IS or the GS would suit you nicely IMO.
                  PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                  GammaControl v2.4
                  SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Originally posted by EsKALad
                    i agree 24k is way too much for a scion. i reccommend the new galants. my buddy has one and its ******* FAST. or maybe its just his crazy *** driving. all i know is they are good cars and performance is real good on it.
                    Gallants have always been reliable as far as I've seen too...

Comment

Sorry bro, but I'm definitely not getting a Scion...

I'd rather get something new...even certified preowned worries me...especially if it's a car that got thrashed by some stupid kid. Even if it's under warranty I don't want to have to keep bringing it back to the shop.

Right now I'm leaning more and more towards the RSX TypeS but I'm going to take a look at the other suggestions at the Auto Show this weekend.

Of course, the other major factor is CarPC integration...I've already checked and Crutchfield has a dash adapter for the RSX with a 1DIN opening (so I can put my motorized lilly in it easily). The Mazda3 has the AuxMOD (http://www.sylfex.com/products/AuxMod/) so I could keep the stock HU and everything...

Win Embedded Std 2011 RC
                      VoomPC 2

Comment

"i reccommend the new galants. my buddy has one and its ******* FAST. or maybe its just his crazy *** driving. all i know is they are good cars and performance is real good on it."

Galants are fast! I saw one smoke a vette off the line reciently.

Comment

just checked Mitsu's site....the price for Galant is right....but I'd rather have a manual or at the very least a 5-speed automatic..it's only got a 4-speed even on the 3.8L V6!! How lame is that??? Even the Mazda3 has a 5-speed nowadays. Hmmm...too bad tho because it does seem nice.

Win Embedded Std 2011 RC
                          VoomPC 2

Comment

same shoes

I was in the same shoes as you a couple of months back. Best bang for the buck = Scion xB. I don't like the exterior 100% but the interior is off the hook. so much space, you can easily sleep 2 people in the back with the seats down... there are tons of mods for it, so many people with carputers for them, etc.... it has an awesome enthusiast site - scionlife.com.... i bought an 06 model in white, i have about 600 miles on it and i am absolutely in love with it!

just a suggestion ;]
                            Duct tape and a Bandana for the win, b!shes!!!

My Setup:http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=73500

Cost so far: Less than a grand ;]

Comment

What about the new VW Jetta GLI? Comes with a 2.0L 200hp (which a simple chip can make 240 easy) turbo engine, 6 speed manual or a 6!!! speed automatic with tiptronic, choice between leather and bucket seats (no extra charge), all the sport package stuff like leather stearing wheel, 17inch wheels etc.

Plus, it is a dream to work on (have a 2000 Golf), built quality and safety features are just superior, it is car not everybody drives, and there are tons of really good looking mods, for example.

Price just under $24k
                              Asus MicroATX with GeFore 6100, Mobile Sempron 3300+, 1Gig Ram, 320GB 3.5" 7200UPM HDD, M2-ATX, Gain/Xenarc 7"

Fast IS my copilot

Comment

Working...
                              X