Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Dashboard Ever!

Question.
    What car has the most ideal dashboard set-up. for an indash screen?

I would have to say the 2002-2006 Honda CRV
    2002 Honda CR-V
    Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
    Spent so far: $1105.90

Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
    ...or even Listen to my music

Comment

Nope, it's the 2001 Grand Cherokee

Comment

Nissan Murano. Take the OEM LCD out and a 7 inch lilliput fits right in, case and all and still looks OEM because you see only the screen!
        Attached Files
        Compaq Evo D510 e-PC - P4 2.0 - 512M RAM - 120G 3.5 HD - 7" Xenarc 700TSV - DSATX fitted nicely inside the PC case

Comment

acura 2004 TL.
          Take out the OEM LCD and put in a xenarc 7" =)
          check my sig.
          04 Acura TL w/ core2duo 2ghz laptop w/ 1gb RAM on a docking station.

Fast car, fast PC. ;)

http://www.arcdesigns.net/carpc/

My TL CarPC ver2

FSR Flash Skin w/ moving weather maps

Comment

o.k., here's what I don't get.... if you remove the factory screen, how the hell do you access the functions that the screen provided???

I mean, most of the new cars I work on with screens, even though there bull**** screens, they are intergrated with the radio, the climate control, the trip computer & misc. other functions....
            MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

o.k., here's what I don't get.... if you remove the factory screen, how the hell do you access the functions that the screen provided???
              I've been wondering about that, too. How do you adjust your climate and stuff?
              iGMon - Integration between iGuidance and Road Runner
              CFX - Skin for Road Runner

Comment

Originally posted by turbocad6

I mean, most of the new cars I work on with screens, even though there bull**** screens, they are intergrated with the radio, the climate control, the trip computer & misc. other functions....
                I just moved the OEM screen somewhere else....

Here is how mine looks. Top one is the lilliput, the other is the OEM. Lower screen trim is still incomplete....
                Attached Files
                Compaq Evo D510 e-PC - P4 2.0 - 512M RAM - 120G 3.5 HD - 7" Xenarc 700TSV - DSATX fitted nicely inside the PC case

Comment

the murano seems good for the screen change, but the oem screen is almost unviewable way down there.
                  i agree with the 02-06 crv support. it's a high double din stereo, seperate from a/c controls and other functions.

http://www.canadianautoreview.com/crv-dash.jpg

Comment

Actually viewing is quite good. My Murano did not comewith OEM navigation but if it had, I could have just used its screen for the carputer and no dashboard mods would have been necessary at all. How is that for simple????

But I have to agree. In Honda's case removing the HU to make room for the screen will not alter the operation of vehicle controls. In the Murano it will.

Comment

so your saving fab work to install the pc screen, but then your doing fab work to reinstall the oe screen?, I guess this kinda makes sense in a way because it's putting your pc screen up front & center, but this seems like it would be more work than just fabbing one screen,

so how can this be the easiest vehicle to install to? it still involves fabricating a screen into the dash, PLUS it also involves relocating & extending the factory screen

I would think the easiest vehicle to install too would be one that is easy, now if your opinion was that this was the best vehicle to get an oem look, no arguement there.... but this can't be one of the easiest....
                      MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

'98-'02 Honda Accord......
                        Attached Files
                        Post # 3000

Comment

350z has got to be one of the easiest installs for a screen. i installed one for a friend and it made me wish i had bought a 350z instead of a g35. the non nav 350z has a pocket just the right size for a 7". Also, it's recessed and has a door that closes down over it. It doesn't get much easier than that.
                          my car: 2003 g35 coupe, 2.5ghz c2d cpu, gigabyte micro atx mb, dsatx
                          wife's car: 2004 honda accord coupe 2.4ghz p4 cpu, asus micro atx mb, opus 150
                          company car: 2006 chevy avalanche 2.0ghz p4 laptop, cnx p1900

Comment

I agree with Moahdib - third generation Acura TL.
                            Attached Files

Comment

VW GTI..

1990 Jeep Cherokee
                              2000 VW Golf TDI 4dr
                              2005 VW GTI MKIV - SOLD

Comment

Working...
                              X