No announcement yet.

neo 35

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• neo 35

hi not sure if this is the right place but i was wondering about the neo35. tried a search and it turns old threads from years ago. anyone know if its a good system/worth getting? i already have a hard drive and a pioneer cd deck with an IPBUS input. I see there are RCA-> IPBUS adapter cables, are these sufficient for connecting the neo35 to the receiver deck? also I dont know where I can buy the system. I tried going to the ssiamerica site but they only sell an FM modulator and a few cables it seems like. whats the deal with that ?

is this all that is necessary to put in the car? the back of it has RCA outs that plug into the receiver?

or is this thing necessary too

They still make the Neo? Wow. That's been around for about ten years now.
    Wonder if the interface software is still buggy....

Would it be all you need? Yes. Would I recommend getting one? No. It's an older unit and there's better, more capable MP3-playing units than this. The software was notoriously buggy, at least in the early iterations of the unit.

Here's the company that took over the production of the Neo line:

I don't believe it's still in production, which would explain why you can't find a reseller. I could be wrong.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

hmm.. i've only ever known of this site, i thought it was still the makers.

what other systems would you recommend that are in the same pricerange? as i stated i already have a hard drive and receiver, so all i need is an interface to read the hard drive and send it to the receiver.. it looks like the firmware is upgradeable on the neo, and its open source:

the ssiamerica site actually links to so i guess they dont really keep it up all that well

If you're interested, I'll sell you mine--relatively cheap. It's been sitting dormant for a few years now, since I sold my last car. It's the orginal NEO 35 model which I bought it in the summer of 2000, and it was well ahead of its time.

I've got the remote display, an extra dock for home use, and a 20 GB hard drive in it. I think the software has gotten much better since they went open source and users started uploading they're upgrades.

'03 Escape 4WD:
        -iTox mini-itx mobo, Core 2 Duo Mobile 1.66Ghz; 2GB, 80GB 2.5" HD, DS-ATX
        -Transflective 8.4"
        -XM, iG4, OBD-II (BR-3)
        -Rearview camera with auto-switching (modified cheesbox)
        -Slim Slot DVD+RW
        -RR, DFX 4