Quick ? about drive lettering

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick ? about drive lettering

Is it possible to lock a drive letter to a specific device. I'd like to lock one letter to each of my flash drives so they synchronise.
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

if you have XP pro yes you can goto control pannel/admin tools/ computer managment. You will see what drives you have, right click the ones you want to change and click change drive leter anf paths. You will have to give each flash drive a volume label tho or window$ has no way of knowing which is which if you remove them and replace them.
    Visit my site V8 Scimitar

SP13000, 300GB SATA HD, 1GB DDR. Opus 150, K301 screen, Cisco WIFI, AQmax GPS, RoadRunner and FreeDrive, Sony MEX-R5 head unit. 4 years installed and it just keeps running!

Comment

That's the thing. If you assign a USB drive letter K for example. Then when you unplug it and plug it back in, will it still be under K?
      iGMon - Integration between iGuidance and Road Runner
      CFX - Skin for Road Runner

Comment

Originally posted by b8bboi
        That's the thing. If you assign a USB drive letter K for example. Then when you unplug it and plug it back in, will it still be under K?
        Yes.
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by b8bboi
          My 200GB USB Drive had been under 'H' ever since I put it there over a year ago...
          For Sale: Carputer (CarPC) & RCA Y-Adapter
          Newsflash: Take a look at my unsold stuff above, thanks!
          Up Next: Make an OBD to Serial cable & Redo the "MMI buttons"

Comment

just tried it and it appears to work great. All i have to do now is test it after a reboot. Thanks!
            mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
            Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
            Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

I have a few usb devices, each time I plug them in they get their own drive mapping, not sure what would happen if I had 20 of the things + plus the 2 HD's, 2 optical drives and 3 or 4 mapped drives.

Comment

I've never had my drives be assigned the same drive-letters. Fortunately, I don't really use Windows enough to be affected greatly

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert
                  Yes.
                  Thanks.
                  iGMon - Integration between iGuidance and Road Runner
                  CFX - Skin for Road Runner

Comment

Working...
                  X