Big screens??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big screens??

For the people on mp3car that use... say over 12 " monitors, where have they been mounted (post pics if possible)?? In civic i cant roof mount a big screen because theres a sunroof and i cant put it in dash, iwas thinking of mounting it threw the glovebox with a moded lcd wallmount.. any other ideas? or suggestions?

thanks in advance

Originally posted by romul
    For the people on mp3car that use... say over 12 " monitors, where have they been mounted (post pics if possible)?? In civic i cant roof mount a big screen because theres a sunroof and i cant put it in dash, iwas thinking of mounting it threw the glovebox with a moded lcd wallmount.. any other ideas? or suggestions?

thanks in advance
    check the link in my sig.
    Take 2 - '03 Audi A4
    macmini with an 8" widescreen (in progress)

My 2004 Ford Ranger:
    14" LCD w/ custom made aluminum bezel
    Completly custom computer case

Comment

Check EskAlads install out, hes got a 15' in his dash or so I saw a while back, also Ive seen a 15' in a BMW dash, was crazy....I got an in dash, 11.3 flip down swivel monitor in my car and I also have a sunroof, thats all for now, plan on gettin the visors, and headrests again, just sold the headrests becuase i want 8in headrests insted of my old 7's....Let me know if ya wanna see any pics

Comment

Originally posted by BIzFlawless
        Check EskAlads install out, hes got a 15' in his dash or so I saw a while back, also Ive seen a 15' in a BMW dash, was crazy....I got an in dash, 11.3 flip down swivel monitor in my car and I also have a sunroof, thats all for now, plan on gettin the visors, and headrests again, just sold the headrests becuase i want 8in headrests insted of my old 7's....Let me know if ya wanna see any pics
        yes... pics please

Comment

no not me i got an 8 inch. but theres an escalade on here with a 15..its newer escalade
          i got dat ***** sittin on 22s! SUPERMAN EDITION!

Comment

O opps, Well **** u still got a caddy! Do Ya Thang!

Comment

Sorry these pics came out kinda ****ty, Camera phone sucks andn It is FREEZING BALLS outside!

Click image for larger version

Name:	INDASH.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	151.1 KB
ID:	2251298
              In Dash

Name:	BS.jpg
Size:	171.7 KB
ID:	2251296
              From Backseat

Name:	carnight.jpg
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	2251295
              outside of car

Name:	CARANGLE.jpg
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	2251294
              from front angle of car, screen is swiveled around

Name:	CARSIDE.jpg
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	2251297
              my side back window

Pics look far away cuz of my damn camera phone, that 11.3 is pretty big, I think im gonna go with 2 more flip downs next to this one, prolly some 8 inches or if not 7 inches, due to I like to lean back when i drive and the headrest screens would be hard to see

Comment

Damn those are some big pictures for my slim lil camera!

Comment

lets say ur in the car watching from the backseat how far is it away from you? can you see it well? because im tight on space (its a coupe) so from the back i want to be able to see it nicely, this is going to be for movies only though when the car is stopped or maybe somtimes for navy

thanks for all the posts + pics

edit : if i were to roof mount the screen it would be wayyyy to close for proper/comfortable viewing

Comment

na mines a coupe too and you can see it fine, if u want like a really good view in the backseat i would say go with some headrest monitors like some 7inches, but if you like to lean back like me when u drive, then do the flip down.....my bro likes to play his xbox in the back and says its a good view....you could go with something smaller like an 8in flip down or 10 might be alittle smaller.

Comment

yes but your car is much bigger than my civic could i see picks from the back seat during the day? i think i calculated the distance from the back seats to right after the sunroof (the only place i could mount the lcd) and its like 20 inches

one pretty impossible yet very cool idea would be to mount it inside the sunroof (the piece that covers it when not in use, not the glass ) but thats like 1 inch thick and im not sure if it would fit when the piece would slide back into the roof :S

thanks again

Comment

i'm planning to replace the dials in my MR2 to a 12" LCD screen, prob power it 12v+ from a clean source.

Comment

yea i will get some pics up tonight, as for putting it where the sun roof thing is i know what ur talking about, and it could be done but you would have to find the thinnest and lightest flip down monitor possible, I want to add 2 more flip downs next to the 11.3, like sizes 7inches but i gotta do some measuring b4 i buy any more flip down monitors....was thinking of going back to some headrest monitors but 8 inches, not 7's like me old ones, but like i said b4 i can ride with my seats straight up, i have to lean back.......ya feel me...so the whole purpose of having headrest monitors would be pointless unless i was out the car and was just showing it off or something.

Comment

Originally posted by BIzFlawless
                            yea i will get some pics up tonight, as for putting it where the sun roof thing is i know what ur talking about, and it could be done but you would have to find the thinnest and lightest flip down monitor possible, I want to add 2 more flip downs next to the 11.3, like sizes 7inches but i gotta do some measuring b4 i buy any more flip down monitors....was thinking of going back to some headrest monitors but 8 inches, not 7's like me old ones, but like i said b4 i can ride with my seats straight up, i have to lean back.......ya feel me...so the whole purpose of having headrest monitors would be pointless unless i was out the car and was just showing it off or something.
                            yeah, i get it, thing is those headrests arent big enough and i wanted somthing centered, its not gonna be easy. this is defenatly going to be the "unique" part of my build (i use the "" cause nothings really unique nowadays)

cheers

Comment

waiting for those day pictures bud

bump

Comment

Working...
                              X