Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I get ripped off?

Does anyone know wy3134?

I bought this computer and it doesn't work. I found that the cd drive and hard drive doesn't work so far. The computer was shipped with wires and mouse on top of the mother board with a sheet of bubble wrap placed on top.
    He was in good communication with me until the package was sold then no response to emails and pms. If anyone knows how I can get in touch with the seller please inform me. Thanks.

yeah, thats the guy that was going off the other day making about 5 posts trying to see $75 worth of iTunes music store cards for full price.

every single post he has made on these forums are either in the Classifieds section or the Off Topic section. Over 90% in the classifieds. He doesn't contribute anything to the car computer forums. He's just on here trying to peddle his goods.
    COMPLETE: [*********] 100%
    CAR: '02 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally
    SYSTEM: EPIA M10000
    GPS: HaiCOMM 303e GPS, Routis 2004
    DISPLAY: 7" Xenarc 700TSV
    POWER: OPUS PW-70a + ITPS Combo
    MISC: DVD, WLAN

Comment

Originally posted by nocturnal669
      Does anyone know wy3134?

I bought this computer and it doesn't work. I found that the cd drive and hard drive doesn't work so far. The computer was shipped with wires and mouse on top of the mother board with a sheet of bubble wrap placed on top.
      He was in good communication with me until the package was sold then no response to emails and pms. If anyone knows how I can get in touch with the seller please inform me. Thanks.

whoa... I really hope you used paypal. they will help you out if things get worst.
      ~0okami.Digital

Comment

I did use paypal. I haven't report to though. I'm trying not to jump the gun and give this guy the benefit of the doubt. I'm not getting anyone standing up for him though.

Comment

Find out his last post, was it after you sent the pm? Then he's ignoring you. Contact PP.
          Besides, contacting PP doesn't mean they'll agree with you, they'll contact him first, which will of course bring immediate response
          Good luck , let us know the outcome.
          AtmosUSA.biz, E-Cig Mods
          "A great smoking alternative"

Comment

Originally posted by 0okami
            whoa... I really hope you used paypal. they will help you out if things get worst.
            Paypal won't do **** unless you bought it off off ebay. The only thing they will do is (maybe) refund your money if you haven't gotten the item. Otherwise, its not their problem.
            PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
            GammaControl v2.4
            SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

i was going to buy a few things off that guy (the subs and amp) but i didn't liek th price...thank god i didn't. I'm sorry man. Right now i have an issue that's my fault with the post office that i now have to make good on, thank god it won't cost metoo much, but its annoying when bad thigns happen. Sometimes, somethings are just too good to be true. Other times, things happen. If this guy uses the forums for sales and generally sells shoddy goods, then we got ourselves a problem.

When ebay bought paypal, things became :P. Best hting to do is is repeat emails until they get sick of you and then request paypal freezes his account for inspection. Any and ALL cash in that account is untouchable for a whole half year, whihc is paypal policy and why i keep that account virutally empty. That should teach him a lesson or two if he has substantial funds in the account.
              Carputer Progress: Here we go again...

THE GF THEME
              Genesis has speed
              Genesis has class
              Genesis sent money
              before your a__;)

Join the fight against carputters. EMAIL ME!

Comment

Case in point why we need an EFFECTIVE user feedback system. The current one is totally useless....
                www.mobile-effects.com

Free file hosting, picture gallery hosting for installs, PM me.

Internet's first Front End Skin browser, featured installs, downloads, links, informative articles - all free to registered users.

Comment

Originally posted by muldrick
                  Find out his last post, was it after you sent the pm? Then he's ignoring you. Contact PP.
                  Besides, contacting PP doesn't mean they'll agree with you, they'll contact him first, which will of course bring immediate response
                  Good luck , let us know the outcome.
                  He set up the sub/amp for sale thread after and added to a radar detector thread. He is ignoring me. I already filed through paypal. Hopefully he'll respond. As of now, I'm out of luck. Sucks.

Comment

That sucks, hope PP will help.. Maybe set up the Classified forums to where a person MUST give a verified address???? I don't know...something.
                    AtmosUSA.biz, E-Cig Mods
                    "A great smoking alternative"

Comment

You don't really need a rating system, just use heatware which already exists.
                      My Install

Comment

i think a feedback forum would be best now. Ratings are great and all, but its user feedback that's appricated the most. Each user must request to have their name there before they sell (should get rid of bots) and there will be positive sub forum and negative sub forum uder each user name, each forum closed. These should be "end deal" posts. The amount of posts alone in each should be a good "rating". Resolution should happen in PMs, email, and over the phone. WHen a deal is completed, based on everything, the buyer and seller should PM the mod, ask to be allowed to open up either the postive of negative sub forum, and then post it there, kind of liek waht they do with reviews, where reviews are posted, but a mod looks it over before it ever becomes a thread. It'll bring this up in the rating systems post, cause this might work out to everyone's benifit.

And yes, i know heatware, but an intraforum system is the best solution.
                        Carputer Progress: Here we go again...

THE GF THEME
                        Genesis has speed
                        Genesis has class
                        Genesis sent money
                        before your a__;)

Join the fight against carputters. EMAIL ME!

Comment

Originally posted by 0l33l
                          Paypal won't do **** unless you bought it off off ebay. The only thing they will do is (maybe) refund your money if you haven't gotten the item. Otherwise, its not their problem.

how do you know the drives don't work, did you check in the bios to see if they're there? Have you tried reinstalling the OS?

-Rich
                          http://www.mybimmer.net

Comment

Originally posted by sxott
                            You don't really need a rating system, just use heatware which already exists.
                            Current Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro

Second Vehicle: Sold it :( 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab

First Vehicle: 2003 Ford Ranger

Comment

Originally posted by srcstc

how do you know the drives don't work, did you check in the bios to see if they're there? Have you tried reinstalling the OS?

-Rich
                              When I turned it on, an error comes up right away stating those problems. I installed another cd drive and it'll open and close, but the computer won't do much without a hard drive.
                              The hard drive that came with the system makes a rhythmic whir sound when I turn on the computer (sounds like when a cd drive can't read a scratch cd and keeps spinning it). I don't think that's normal for the hard drive, so with the error message and the hard drive possibly not reading, I concluded that it's the hardware. I could be mistaken. If I am or if there is a solution, please tell me. It would be a load off my mind. I am currently clearing off a hard drive to install into this system. So, when I do that, I'll install windows and hope no other problems arise.

This system was supposed to be ready to go. The seller states he has been using this system without problems; programs left installed. So I thought I don't need to reconfigure anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X