Clear (acrylic) hinges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear (acrylic) hinges

I'm in the process of making a plexiglass case for my car MP3 machine, but for the top of the box, I'd like to get some clear plastic (acrylic) hinges and a latch. Anyone know of any outlets that I can get these parts? My local hardware store(s) look at me like I'm crazy when I ask them if they have anything like this. Any other type of metal hinge I think would look tacky - aesthetics count, don't they??!!

Oldschool
    [email protected]

actually, thats a great idea and im suprised they dont care them. Im also looking for something similar too. I wonder what it would take to make them if you cant find clear hinges. Chrome would also look good in case you cant make or buy the clear hinges. Im sure some company makes them though.
    2004 F-150
    Shuttle XPC, 80gig HD, Wireless Internet, DVD
    "How piMP3d is your ride??"

Comment

Just do a search at Lycos.

It came up with a number of hits for "acrylic hinge."

Jonathan
      JZ CarPC - 1998 Volvo C70
      Shuttle SV-24 Celery 400Mhz 128MB SDRAM 60GB HD DVD, 12.1" VGA TFT LCD, Sproggy/Mastero DC-DC ATX PSU, Mucha ATX shutdown controller, Co-Pilot GPS

Comment

Call your local sign shop. I use to work at one and I have used the clear hinges before. They come in a long strip that you cut off what you need.
        Jeff Seifert
        Work in progress!!!!! Website is on its way!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X