Recommend buying M2-ATX?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend buying M2-ATX?

I've been following the "M2-ATX Problem" thread and am now worried about buying it. I realize it's a problem among a small group of people, but it seems that group is growing.

1. Do people still recommend buying the M2-ATX? I don't want to buy it and then hear that a newer version is coming out to address these boot problems

2. Right now, I still want to purchase the M2-ATX, but I think I'll stay away from EBay. Do people recommend buying from Logic Supply or Mini-Box? Should something happen to my M2, I want the option of falling back on a reputable dealer who will address and fix my problems. Hence, I'm staying away from Ebay.

I would appreciate if people could answer those two questions before I make a decision. Thanks for any opinions/comments you can give.

-Matt

i bought my m2 about a month and a half ago almost 2 months ago, just instaleld everything last week and it booted up with no troubles at all. i have since uninstalled and reinstalled the car pc many times with out any hitch it works like a charm!
    Josh
    '04 WRX

Comment

Originally posted by matt11601
      2. Right now, I still want to purchase the M2-ATX, but I think I'll stay away from EBay. Do people recommend buying from Logic Supply or Mini-Box? Should something happen to my M2, I want the option of falling back on a reputable dealer who will address and fix my problems. Hence, I'm staying away from Ebay.
      Matt,

I have purchased a couple of things from mp3car store, including my M2, and I have to say they are a blast to work with. I highly recommend mp3car store.
      Compaq Evo D510 e-PC - P4 2.0 - 512M RAM - 120G 3.5 HD - 7" Xenarc 700TSV - DSATX fitted nicely inside the PC case

Comment

if your planning on running an SP13000 I would have to say no dont buy the M2. There seems to be more people with this combo not working than there is working. As you know having read my thread I never got any of the two of my boards to work and in the end went for an Opus which works great.
        Visit my site V8 Scimitar

SP13000, 300GB SATA HD, 1GB DDR. Opus 150, K301 screen, Cisco WIFI, AQmax GPS, RoadRunner and FreeDrive, Sony MEX-R5 head unit. 4 years installed and it just keeps running!

Comment

Thanks everyone, you've been very helpful. I have got an MII10000 on the way so they shouldn't interfere with each other.

I'll stick with my original plan and buy an M2.

Comment

good choice

Final Touches

Car: 2002 Mitsubishi Magna EI
            CarPC: SP13000, M2-ATX, 512 MB RAM, 120 GB 2.5" HD, X-Fi Sound Card, Xenarc 700TSV, Garmin 18 USB.
            Audio: 2X15" Rockford Punch Z, 1 Rockford Punch 2-ch Amp, 1 Soundstream Lil Wonder II 4-ch Amp

Comment

I just finally got my M2 hooked up tonite to my MII10000, and it seems to post and boot into windows just fine. I can't verify 100% that it's working normally, cause I don't have a monitor in the house I can use, but i let it boot the computer, and I waited for the HDD LED to stop blinking (i know it's into windows at that point) and then flipped my "IGN" (<-- read Toggle) switch off, and 10 minutes later it shut off just as it's supposed to. I'll have a more definate answer tomorrow, but so far so good I got mine from Armen at DigitalWW. I am extremly pleased with the service I got from him

Comment

My M2 has been pretty bulletproof. I'm running a full sized ATX P4 with a 3.5" drive and everything works great.

Comment

I'm glad to hear people are recommending it.

Thanks Goofus, it's good to know your set up is running well. That's one of the reasons why I chose the M2, so that I would have enough power to run other accessories/upgrades/add-ons.

Comment

Working...
                  X