got the
    MTSVO-SC Motorized touchscreen
    VIA EPIA SP13000
    DSATX 220w
    Panasonic slot DVD
    250gig SATA Maxtor drive
    BU-353 GPS
    1GB DDR400

im worried about the onboard audio on this motherboard. right now i have a 600w amp pushing my Infinity Kappa Componants up front and my Kappa 6x9s in the back and a 1200w amp oushing a solobaric L7 12. So im worried about sound quality coming from the motherboard. since this does have a PCI slot i may have to go to a SB Audigy or something like that.

ANy input on the onboard sound?

btw this is all going into a 2005 Altima.

I used onboard audio on my ASUS board... I was okay with it... I then took my Audigy 2ZS out of one of my home PC's and was amazed at the difference. I would put in an aftermarket card, I think the difference is unbelievable...
    2012 Honda Pilot (In Progress)
    2010 Honda Accord (After the Pilot)
    2008 Honda VTX1800N

I have the creative x-fi. Hell alot of a difference. I think it has the best quality & highest pre-amp output on the market.

Final Touches

Car: 2002 Mitsubishi Magna EI
      CarPC: SP13000, M2-ATX, 512 MB RAM, 120 GB 2.5" HD, X-Fi Sound Card, Xenarc 700TSV, Garmin 18 USB.
      Audio: 2X15" Rockford Punch Z, 1 Rockford Punch 2-ch Amp, 1 Soundstream Lil Wonder II 4-ch Amp

i had a cheap sb live 5.1 (bet you can find it on ebay for $5) card running to an audiocontrol 24xs and it sounded really good. i've since made leaps and bounds from that but i was happy at the time.

at least ditch the onboard sound and get the sblive 5.1 with kxdrivers you'll be in much better condition.

oh...and you do not have a 600w amp :-) those are the inflated max specs from the manufacturer. dont let them fool you any more

good luck on the install...we're all here to help if you need us!
        New System in progress:
        Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
        Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
        Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
        Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
        Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
        My Boat Pc worklog