X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experiance with eBay USB sound cards?

like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-USB-VIRTUAL-...QQcmdZViewItem

I am not interested in "It is cheap so it muxt suxorz".

if you have experience with it or similar, post away

yeah dont bother with those... The "virtual 5.1" means absolutely nothing...its really jus a p.o.s.
    nGhost - The FREE Frontend for Linux | Graphics Developer
    Linux ICE - The Car PC Distro | Team Member

Comment

I don't need 5.1. Stereo out is fine.

So, have you bought and used one of these?

Comment

never have, and for stereo out, it might be okay, but dont count on any type of quality...

Comment

Originally posted by Eubey
          never have

WTF?

did you bother to read the first post?

Originally posted by greenman100
          I am not interested in "It is cheap so it muxt suxorz".

if you have experience with it or similar, post away

Comment

ok go ahead buy it and tell us how it turns out...

Comment

anyone?

Comment

ok go ahead buy it and tell us how it turns out...
                ugh

I'm willing to bet I have more experiance with computers.

I've built, overclocked from 1.6 to 3.2ghz, watercooled a dual xeon workstation
                built, overclocked from 1.4 to 2.4 ghz an AMD athlon
                built a SBC-based P3 1ghz
                built a AMD duron 950 setup
                built a K6-400
                built a P1-166
                built a 486

Comment

i have built over 20 computers for a church fund-raiser, been paid to build for friends, been paid to re-build, run a web-design service, assisted in running a web-hosting service, built and run my own server (both voice, game, and web) i have programmed my own mmorpg, programmed my own racing game, and am currently programming www.sourcescrim.com, but if you want to buy a sound card from a cracker jack box, go for it...

Comment

ugh

built a K6-400
                    built a P1-166
                    built a 486
                    what does your experience with computers have to do with the topic? since it seems like you know what you're talking about, you should know that you're taking a risk buying something like that and expecting a lot from it.

but like the other guy said, try it and find out.

Comment

I am using one almost just like this from ebay, I think I paid .99 for it. The stereo sound is as good or better than the sound was off the M1000 MB. Also the software that came with it had an EQ which I didnt have before. Like they said, for the price try it, if you dont like it, chuck it.

Comment

i interfaced a pc with 2 big alpine amps for a customer. there was alot of HDD noise and buzz when you move the mouse, and there was no way to get rid of it. I went with a slightly-higher-quality but similar device, from tigerdirect. Oh ya it was a turtle beach audio advantage USB. very similar looking. It also had a good software interface with tons of EQ stuff, lots of adjustments and whatnots.

it had this neat dual plug that was both an analogue stereo minijack and an optical ouput. it came with a hollow adapter that would let the optical light shine through with a mini-toslink connector. weird stuff but it worked great. I used it in stereo analogue mode, and soldered 3 RCAs to the minijack. I split this to front/rear/sub amps and let 'her rip.

It sounded great! super clean sound, , much better than onboard audio, no hdd or mouse noise, no whine, tons of signal strength (had to turn the gains way down). I was impressed until I rebooted.

On bootup, there was a slight buzzing through the speakers while the computer started. As soon as windows runs though, it would make a loud *SNAP*, and quiet from then on.

I had to use a TR-7 to delay the remote turnon by 20 seconds, which was just long enough to skip the noise, making it perfect. The only time you hear any noise is if you have to do a hard reboot.

I also had an XM unit in this car, and plugged it into the mic-in on the mobo's onboard sound. I set it all up in windows and it worked perfectly. I even had a radioshark in there that worked perfectly as well.

Why do you need it anyways?

Comment

Originally posted by tbird7
                          I am using one almost just like this from ebay, I think I paid .99 for it. The stereo sound is as good or better than the sound was off the M1000 MB. Also the software that came with it had an EQ which I didnt have before. Like they said, for the price try it, if you dont like it, chuck it.

FINALLY

this is what I was looking for man

Comment

Originally posted by fventura03
                            what does your experience with computers have to do with the topic? since it seems like you know what you're talking about, you should know that you're taking a risk buying something like that and expecting a lot from it.

but like the other guy said, try it and find out.

I know it's a risk.

I also know that I paid $100 for a pair of processors worth $600, obtained on eBay because I knew what I was doing.

so I am looking for a little insight, that's all.

Comment

ugh

built a K6-400
                              built a P1-166
                              built a 486
                              i have built over 20 computers for a church fund-raiser, been paid to build for friends, been paid to re-build, run a web-design service, assisted in running a web-hosting service, built and run my own server (both voice, game, and web) i have programmed my own mmorpg, programmed my own racing game, and am currently programming www.sourcescrim.com, but if you want to buy a sound card from a cracker jack box, go for it...
                              My Carputer! (More Car Pics at the end)
                              2 Kicker Comp 10"
                              Epia M-9000, 256 MB DDR, 120 Gig HD
                              Lilliput 7" VGA Touchscreen
                              Check it out?!

Comment

Working...
                              X