Double DIN in an 06 accord?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double DIN in an 06 accord?

Has anybody tried installing a double din head unit into their 03-06 accord in the lower space with the honda oem kit? I was thinking about doing this but I am not sure if the opening will fit. I would love to see pictures if anyone has them. I have seen the threads with people cutting and bondo-ing but this would be nice if it fit right in. Thanks

Heres a pic of the honda oem kit, - imagine it without the pocket and cassette player
    Attached Files
    2006 accord lx

although i dont know for sure, the TMZ bezel chassis from http://www.mechatroniks.com/wrx/index.html would prolly fit in the double din slot, however, to make it look oem, you would have to get creative on building something around the screen.

keep in mind this may not work, although i have seen the WRX chassis in other cars, ive never seen them in the place you are suggesting
    2004 Impreza WRX CarPC Install

I am willing to host any legal downloads that may benefit the CarPC community - PM for info

"When you go 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, you don't need a made up character called fast. Thats what makes a Subaru, a Subaru."

DG4L

Comment

That looks like double din to me. Mostly because it looks like the older openings on the older accords / Civics, which were DD.

Comment

thats what im thinking but has anyone actually done this?
        2006 accord lx

Comment

my co-worker is working on molding a 7" xenarc using a metra kit made for that opening.

where did you find that honda OEM piece?
          2001 Acura CL traded for a 2006 Subaru Legacy GT
          7" Lilliput Touchscreen
          NANO-ITX+m1-atx
          512 DDRsodimm
          60g SATA Laptop HD
          4x Apple DVDslot
          digimoto OBDii
          mS GPS
          mini BT keyboard
          relocated HU faceplate

Comment

honda sells it and calls it the audio attachment, for the 2006 the part number is 08b06-sda-101a. For the 03-05 the number is 08b06-sda-100. It runs about $58. Just do a search for the part number and it will come up at several places.
            2006 accord lx

Comment

I've seen it done on Cardomain.....
              Post # 3000

Comment

Working...
              X