help/Power

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help/Power

hi guys! I have a ATX system that I built use to work find for the past month, some how it stop working so I sell the PC, and buit me a new system. but the problem is...it won't turn on when I hook it up to car. I try 3 differents cars they all turn it on find. I tought it was my battery since my battery was bad anyway... I went to ?Autozone buys me a new 1000 CCA battery still won't turn it on,. it will only turn it on if I keep playing with the positive wire. any suggestion. why it ist only doing that to my car?

I use OPus 120 watt Power supply.
    Car 97 BMW 318I

you sold a pc that you knew wasn't working? I hope you did that for cheap!

check that your connectors are all clean and secure. a film of dirt/grease will not allow a good connection.
    Current:
    [BMW E46 ///M3 Convertible]

Previous:
    [BMW E31 850CSi]|[BMW E39 535i]|[BMW HVAC Research]|[IBUS Scrolling Text]|[BMPuter]|[Velocity]|[TomTom]|[Vision]|[Space Navigator Driver]|[Super Fast Boot]

Comment

Originally posted by sama
      you sold a pc that you knew wasn't working? I hope you did that for cheap!

check that your connectors are all clean and secure. a film of dirt/grease will not allow a good connection.
      did I mention I just bought i new battery, no grease and everything is secured. my capacitor on no problem, does it have anything to do with Alternator, fuse or something esle.

BTW the PC was working fine when I put hook it up into an ATX case b4 I sold it, at first I though it wasn't working and since I was concerned about power Consuming, so i had to let it go cheap.

Comment

ok, I'm trying to help as much as I can, so to clarify a little more:

if you connect the pc to the battery, with the battery not hooked up to the car does it work?

does it matter if the car is on or off?
        Current:

Previous:
        [BMW E31 850CSi]|[BMW E39 535i]|[BMW HVAC Research]|[IBUS Scrolling Text]|[BMPuter]|[Velocity]|[TomTom]|[Vision]|[Space Navigator Driver]|[Super Fast Boot]

Comment

nope it won't turn on whether the car is on or off, but I never use to have it on if the car is not running when it used to work.

Comment

what bout if you connect the pc to the battery, with the battery not hooked up to the car does it work?
            Current:

Previous:

Comment

I never try that, but I am pretty sure it is not going to work because when I was builting the system I was trying an AC-DC power suply I had from Tech School I measure 12v from it and it wouldn't tur it on

Comment

depends on how many amps that ac-dc supply was. if it can handle the pc's load, then it should work.

if the battery is full and the pc will still not power up, that indicates a fault in the PSU and not the powering of it.

but you mentioned it works on other cars. do u still have to play with the wire on other cars?
                Current:

Previous:

Comment

Originally posted by sama
                  depends on how many amps that ac-dc supply was. if it can handle the pc's load, then it should work.

if the battery is full and the pc will still not power up, that indicates a fault in the PSU and not the powering of it.

but you mentioned it works on other cars. do u still have to play with the wire on other cars?
                  nope don't need to play with the wire when trying it with other cars

Comment

Working...
                  X