basic xp troubleshooting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• basic xp troubleshooting

Its a real pain troubleshooting my carpc otherwise I would do trial and error etc. instead of posting here but...please help.

I got a boot error(something about registry error) so I choose "Use last known good configuration". The problem is that the last known configuration seems to be from a long time ago. Is there any way I can get back to the 'bad' configuration and troubleshoot it? Or get my settings back some other way? What did I lose exactly?

Thanks
    Windows XP is ****!!!
    AMD Sempron 3000+, ASRockVM800, 256MB, 250GB 3.5", DVDRW+, WIFIg, m2-atx, Lilliput 8", RR, GoogleEarth
    Need: daylight viewable screen!

Originally posted by NoTicketsPlease
    Its a real pain troubleshooting my carpc otherwise I would do trial and error etc. instead of posting here but...please help.

I got a boot error(something about registry error) so I choose "Use last known good configuration". The problem is that the last known configuration seems to be from a long time ago. Is there any way I can get back to the 'bad' configuration and troubleshoot it? Or get my settings back some other way? What did I lose exactly?

Thanks

Can you get into safemode? If you can, when it asks you if you want to do a system restore, say that you want to (I think you select No, but I'm not sure). It then gives you a calender date to choose from. Choose the last known good restore point, and then just continue.

Good Luck,

Rafster

P.S. What part of Deigo are you in? I'm in Bonita/Chula Vista
    Post # 3000

Comment

Originally posted by Rafster
      Can you get into safemode? If you can, when it asks you if you want to do a system restore, say that you want to (I think you select No, but I'm not sure). It then gives you a calender date to choose from. Choose the last known good restore point, and then just continue.

Good Luck,

Rafster

I could see the option for safemode but did not go into it. Ill give that a try, thanks.

Im just north of sdsu in allied gardens
      Windows XP is ****!!!
      AMD Sempron 3000+, ASRockVM800, 256MB, 250GB 3.5", DVDRW+, WIFIg, m2-atx, Lilliput 8", RR, GoogleEarth

Comment

Originally posted by NoTicketsPlease
        I could see the option for safemode but did not go into it. Ill give that a try, thanks.

Im just north of sdsu in allied gardens
        Cool, you might be interested in the So. Cal. meet on 6/24/06...
        http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=76771

They're a lot of fun. There's already at least 2 people from S.D. going..

I can't go because I'll be in Tx., but see if you can make it.

Peace,

Rafster
        Post # 3000

Comment

Cool, you might be interested in the So. Cal. meet on 6/24/06...
          http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=76771

They're a lot of fun. There's already at least 2 people from S.D. going..

I can't go because I'll be in Tx., but see if you can make it.
          Dude, that is the same reason that I won't be able to go....

Of course I live in Texas, so it's not quite the same...
          Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
          How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Good Luck,

Rafster

I went into safe mode and the only option it gave me was to choose the OS(of which there was one). Is this normal?
            Windows XP is ****!!!

Comment

Working...
            X