No announcement yet.

quick question, boot and play?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick question, boot and play?

I've got a small HP e-vectra, but i don't have a touch screen yet because i don't have money, so in the mean time i wanted to use it like a large Ipod shuffle really. I've got the remote and all that taken care of, and i can use the start up folder for auto starting whichever player i want. But the question i want to know is what /commands do i add to the shortcut target to get it to auto play whatever was last played (thus being the big 14 gig play list) I don't care so much it rembers the song, but as long as it plays it ASAP.

thanks for the help!

oh and FYI, i could use WMP or Winamp it makes no difference to me.

So you will try to blindly control the PC?

Well good luck with that.

I know that Front Ends like RR keep the list that was last in there last. Also MusicMatch just plays when you open it. At least the old versions do.
      Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
      1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
      30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
      15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
      Buy now in the Store

I am sure you can do that with winamp.
        There are plugin to auto play winamp on start (resumer).
        You can map winamp control (play, prev, next ...... ) to numeric keypad.
        Also there is/are girder gml files for winamp.

If you have compartible HU, you can use car2PC adapter to control winamp/wmp from the HU and/or its remote control. I use this car2PC adapter to control winamp/roadrunner in my Supra setup and love it.
        2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
        89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
        Y2K Accord Dell GX150
        RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
        EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER