85 nissan want computer to read gauges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 85 nissan want computer to read gauges

hey whats up so im new here but i signed up because i have some big plans for my 1984 nissan 720. i have a project log of it over on caraudio.com you can check it out here http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141810

anyways i once had a carputer in my old audi i had and i loved it but now im looking to get a little crazy with the computer i want to install in my nissan. i want it to not only controll my audio system but also i want it to read as all of my gauges. i would like to install 5 or 6 small tvs in my dash in place of my gauges and have the computer read as the gauges. i was wondering if anyone knew how to do it and what i would need to do this. heck i think it would even be coll to have a usb fingerprint reader in the truck to act as the ignition. the truck would only start if a valid fingerprint was read. now after reading about the OBD II i dont beleive my truck has it as its only an 85. i have used a vag com to reprogram aspects of the audi i had. like make windows roll up and dorn with the remote alarm system and the tuning of the car. i was wondering what other options i may have in an older vehicle like the truck i have. anyways thoughts comments suggestions keep em comin thanks in advance for any/all help

I'll be the first to say, I'm impressed with your work log. Just gonna take a few days to read through it! Keep up the good work man

www.mobile-effects.com

Free file hosting, picture gallery hosting for installs, PM me.

Internet's first Front End Skin browser, featured installs, downloads, links, informative articles - all free to registered users.

Comment

Originally posted by SnyperBob
      I'll be the first to say, I'm impressed with your work log. Just gonna take a few days to read through it! Keep up the good work man

thanks!

Comment

if the car doesnt have ODB ur probably screwed in that sense

unless you wanna run sensors all over your car and write programs for them and stuff :/

Comment

Originally posted by FC3S
          if the car doesnt have ODB ur probably screwed in that sense

unless you wanna run sensors all over your car and write programs for them and stuff :/
          really? hmm this may have to wate untill i do a motor swap. ill just make sure to get something that has ODB then i could do it. i have no idea how to write progs or anything

Comment

Originally posted by Bigrick31
            really? hmm this may have to wate untill i do a motor swap. ill just make sure to get something that has ODB then i could do it. i have no idea how to write progs or anything
            Usually most cars after '96 have OBDII. That's what you wanna look for.. AFAIK

Peace,

Rafster
            Post # 3000

Comment

Originally posted by Bigrick31
              Get a late 90's , early 00's skyline motor , stick with the nissan theme

Comment

haha, get an RB26DETT

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Comment

Working...
                X