Installing a speaker into a factory '97 sable

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing a speaker into a factory '97 sable

i looked in my car already and also in a wiring diagram and saw that there were only wires previously available to support my 4 factory set speakers. 2 front and 2 rear... if i were wanting to install a wicked awesome woofer i found would that require quite a bit of wiring and also investment into a amp? if not what's an alternative and if so what does the work that must be done mostly consist of?

~taco

Have a look around this forum and you'll see that the core focus is on putting computers in vehicles.
    You'll get more information looking at a site that focuses on car audio, or maybe even one that's focused on Ford/Lincoln/Mercury vehicles or even Taurus/Sable.

Good luck.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

but they used to sell tubes with amps built in. all you need is to take a signal from the rear speakers, and power ran from the front. not the best route to go(its better to use an amp and 2 speakers). good luck on your search. come back if you want to put a pc in your car later.
      MII12000 | 512MB PC3200 | 60GB 2.5" Samsung
      M2-ATX 160W PS | SlotLoad DVD/CDRW | BU353 GPS
      7" Lilliput 619 | WinTV | WIFI | Bluetooth
      Audigy2 ZS | HQCT | Kyocera KR1 Mobile Router(3G)
      Roadrunner | LSXvoid | IGuidance 3

My Worklog

Comment

Originally posted by yrean

but they used to sell tubes with amps built in. all you need is to take a signal from the rear speakers, and power ran from the front. not the best route to go(its better to use an amp and 2 speakers). good luck on your search. come back if you want to put a pc in your car later.
        http://bazooka.com/productAutoAmplifiedBTsBT.asp

Comment

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/vehicles.asp

I dont know what year your cars are so I'll have to let you do some research. This also includes alarms as well.

I created a generic user name for that forum that anyone on here can use as well.
          Username: g20.net
          Password: geedub

(Yes this was originally posted on the g20.net forums)

Comment

Working...
          X