HDD in trunk with subs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDD in trunk with subs?

I just got a micro ATX case from a member from here and its a lot larger than I thought it would be. I really have no room in the car for it except the trunk. I'd have to make a custom slot for it next to my subwoofers. Thats the only thing though, would really heavy and hard hitting bass mess up the harddrive? The DVD slot will be in the car so I'm not worried about skipping. Its just the harddrive. Any help would be great. Thanks.

KW

HDD in trunk

Sbzro, I've been working with hard drives since way before they hit the 3.5" or 2.5" formats, and I can't imagine that your bass will even come close to affecting it. Rock on and put it in the trunk. They're not nearly as delicate as they used to be.

Having said that, that don't strap it to the sub enclosure, either! Mount it somewhere where it won't be in physical contact with your speaker system. Sound waves are one thing, vibration is another, but you should still be fine.

Don
    2006 Mini S Convertible
    Woodbridge, VA

Comment

i had my 12 inch crystex sub rated at around 1000W rms 1800W peak connected to a bridged PG ZPA0.5 right next to my carpc in the trunk, and i have never had any HD problems, so unless you are gonna put a rediculously big amp/sub in there i think you'll be ok.
      Not doing carpc anymore

Comment

i recently had my drive corrupted (but not killed) I see no other reason than a sub i installed a few days earlier.
        mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
        Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
        Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

That sucks....what kinda drive was it ?
          Not doing carpc anymore

Comment

Could it be the huge magnets on the subwoofer rather than the actual bass?
            Progress: 50% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓----------]

Athlon 1200 M-Atx
            usb-wifi, usb-gps, usb-tuner, usb-bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by _dopehead_
              That sucks....what kinda drive was it ?
              Was a western digital drive and yes i'm all but certain it was the magnets since it was corrupted data and not physical damage to the drive. Its runnin fine now just had to low level format it and reload everything.
              mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
              Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
              Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Thanks for the help on that one guys. I have a Kicker L5 back there so the magnet might be a problem. But I'm looking at other places in the trunk that may be suitable.

Comment

Working...
                X