Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel 915GM chipset & MCE 2005

Hi to all,
    is anybody have success installing on 915GM motherboard (iBase MB896F) MCE2005??? I've tryed but in the main menu the image is flickening on a LCD 15" monitor...

I've heared you need a direct x 9 compatable VGA adaptor to be able to use the OS. I haven't tried so I could be wrong but that's one idea.
    CAR INFO HERE
    "He who dies with the most toys, wins".

Comment

Originally posted by vxcarpc
      I've heared you need a direct x 9 compatable VGA adaptor to be able to use the OS. I haven't tried so I could be wrong but that's one idea.
      The integrated GPU (GMA900) is supposed to be a DX9 graphic card...

Comment

Why was this posted in Software Dev? It has nothing at all to do with software development...
        Moved to General discussion...
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Any help???

Comment

Media Center is designed to work with only certain chipsets. I tried installing it on one of my systems and had the same behavior with the onboard chipset.

You need a different graphics card. There's a list of what's compatible with MCE, but I can't seem to locate it at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jahntassa View Post
              Media Center is designed to work with only certain chipsets. I tried installing it on one of my systems and had the same behavior with the onboard chipset.

You need a different graphics card. There's a list of what's compatible with MCE, but I can't seem to locate it at the moment.
              I've report from other users that MCE is working with my mobo, but I'm not able to have more informations about it...

Comment

Perhaps there's a certain set of drivers you need? I know ATI has MCE specific drivers for their cards.

Comment

there are specific video cards that are necissary for mce2005, but the operating system & display should work even with an incompatable card from my experience, just not actually in mediacenter(you know, the little green button)

mce is xp pro with an application added to it (media center)... the specific video cards & tv tuners required are for the mediacenter portion as far as I know.. & the operating system itself should work the same as xp pro in the shell, & all other programs....
                  MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

Originally posted by turbocad6 View Post
                    there are specific video cards that are necissary for mce2005, but the operating system & display should work even with an incompatable card from my experience, just not actually in mediacenter(you know, the little green button)

mce is xp pro with an application added to it (media center)... the specific video cards & tv tuners required are for the mediacenter portion as far as I know.. & the operating system itself should work the same as xp pro in the shell, & all other programs....
                    I've searched Intel site looking for particlar drivers but I haven't found them...

Comment

Working...
                    X