Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how is this microATX board?

http://www.compgeeks.com/details.asp?invtid=K7VZM-NL

anyone have any opinon on this board? thinkin of using this for my plexiglass case w/ a celeron 800 from newegg for $30.

Not to be a kill joy...but there are a couple issues:

1) It might be kind of hard to run an Intel processor on a "Socket A" main board.

2) The chipset does not lend itself to "current" processors (namely Durons based on the Morgan core).

Comment

ooops, i'm an idiot. sorry. i meant to write, i'm gonna use a Duron 800 from newegg for $30. thanks for correcting me

Comment

ooops, i'm an idiot. sorry. i meant to write, i'm gonna use a Duron 800 from newegg for $30. thanks for correcting me

Comment

Damn, 36.50, not bad. I picked up the same motherboard under the amptron brand (805lmr) for 70 without manuals or cables. it works well enough with the duron750 I have on it (assuming that they are in fact the same board, ecs and amptron are the same company). The only problems I have is that it doesnt like the cold (subfreezing) until its had proper chance to warm up.
          -Nick

Comment

Originally posted by MP3DUB
            The only problems I have is that it doesnt like the cold (subfreezing) until its had proper chance to warm up.
            could you go into more detail when u say it doesnt like the cold. so the pc wont boot up at all? thanks

Comment

I'm not 100% sure that it was the motherboard causing the problems, just 98% or so (used a hd caddy to take the drive out of the car at night, tried 4 different inverters, 2 different psu's, etc). It would hang while posting the first time you'd turn it on, and if you reset it before it had ample chance to "warm up" windows would be !@#$! unstable (would lock solid). Once it got warm, it was quite happy. And again, I got it from the "bargin" table of a local pc store, with no manuals or cds or cables, and (at the time i didnt notice) part of plastic of the agp slot had been chipped off. So it really could just be my board (which is what Id like to believe).
              -Nick

Comment

If you're running hardware outside of it's environmental specs, then it's going to be unstable at best. Doesn't matter who makes what or where you buy it from. That rule will still apply.

Comment

I realize this, but from speaking with a number of other board members who have had no problems operating in artic temperatures, im blaming my hardware.
                  -Nick

Comment

Working...
                  X