I Upgraded

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Upgraded

hey guys long time no see . here is what i did i used to have the x23 ibm laptop in my 350z everything was fine sound was great and the project was 99% done, but due to the fact that i have a large amount of files that i like to have with me i decided to upgrade i got a used dell desktop the GX260 its a micro atx factor and it fits perfect in the glove box of a 350z the specs are p4 2.0gighz 512 megs of ram and 200 gig drive 4 usb ports. my main issue right know is sound i have a major buzzing sound in the car i am runing an inverter i am thinkinh its coming from that because its runing through the cig lighter i am going to hard wire it to the battery and see how the sound becomes i hope better. if not i am going to get a usb sound card because when i got a sound card on the laptop the buzzing went away and the sound was as good as stock or even better.
    IBM X23-P3 866MHZ 512 MEGS, 100GIGS 7INCH TOUCH SCREEN LILLIPUT USB 802.11G LINKSYS, USB BLUETOOTH ADAPTER

Originally posted by merk350z View Post
    hey guys long time no see . here is what i did i used to have the x23 ibm laptop in my 350z everything was fine sound was great and the project was 99% done, but due to the fact that i have a large amount of files that i like to have with me i decided to upgrade i got a used dell desktop the GX260 its a micro atx factor and it fits perfect in the glove box of a 350z the specs are p4 2.0gighz 512 megs of ram and 200 gig drive 4 usb ports. my main issue right know is sound i have a major buzzing sound in the car i am runing an inverter i am thinkinh its coming from that because its runing through the cig lighter i am going to hard wire it to the battery and see how the sound becomes i hope better. if not i am going to get a usb sound card because when i got a sound card on the laptop the buzzing went away and the sound was as good as stock or even better.

Yeah. Run a line from the battery to the computer.

Here's how:
    http://liljerk.morpheus.net/350Z/firewall/

Also, how you are playing sound from computer to HU?
    CAR:06 350Z | LCD:Xenarc 700TSV | PS:M2-ATX | CPU:2.0GHz Turion 64 | MB:GA-K8N51GMF | RAM:1GB PC3500 DDR | HDD:WD 250GB SATA | USB1:Zoom 140M WiFi | USB2:iOne Scorpius Keyboard | USB3:Logitech Wingman | SERIAL:GPS BR-355

Comment

Sounds like a good upgrade. I agree that the buzzing sound is from "unclean" power.

Comment

Working...
      X