carputer on civic 06

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carputer on civic 06

hi, im thinking about installing a carputer on my 06 civic ... the problem is i dont want to ruin the stock dash shape and therefore the screen cant be put in the dash ... im selling my avic n3 for that very reason now .

anyway ... i guess the next best thing would be to mount the screen ... any one seen a screen mounted on the civic keeping the dashes shape in mind ?? also, is there anything that would let me adjust the screen and then drop it so it remains out of sight when im not in the car... something like all those techno lights that a dentist uses ??

any help would be welcome ... thanks !

Heh...!
    I have been trying to sell my 2002 Accord VTEC to get an 06 Civic DX just for the dash. Its a perfect fit for my monitor.
    Since my whole system is connected to the monitor by a wire loom (all my wires go down a single path) its a pretty easy swap out.

David

Comment

which moniter do you have ??

Comment

umm wtf are you talking about? go buy the nav dash for the 2din hole and put your moniter in. look thru the projects and worklogs, theres a couple other 06's that have been done. Check my worklog. make note that the si and the ex/dx models have different part numbers, so make sure you order the right one when you goto the dealership.
        MII12000 | 512MB PC3200 | 60GB 2.5" Samsung
        M2-ATX 160W PS | SlotLoad DVD/CDRW | BU353 GPS
        7" Lilliput 619 | WinTV | WIFI | Bluetooth
        Audigy2 ZS | HQCT | Kyocera KR1 Mobile Router(3G)
        Roadrunner | LSXvoid | IGuidance 3

My Worklog

Comment

dude.. thats the point ... i dont want to ruin the stock shape of the dash ... thats why im looking for a moniter that i can mount...

get it ?

Comment

This thread is retarted, but there are plenty of monitors that you can mount anywhere in your car. i.e. lilliput or xenarcs.

Most people don't use them because they look anything but stock, and are going to be easier to steal.

You can always just unclip the monitor and place it in your glovebox when you get out of your car.

I remeber someone had a monitor that they placed a notepad over, and it perfectly concealed the monitor.

dude.. thats the point ... i dont want to ruin the stock shape of the dash ... thats why im looking for a moniter that i can mount...

get it ?
            Properly molding a monitor into your dash would by no means "ruin the stock shape" of your dash.

If you simply mean you don't want to replace any of the components in your dash, well then it makes sense to mount the monitor elsewhere. Otherwise that reasoning is just idiotic.
            REBUILDING!!

Comment

Originally posted by HeLLz aNgeL View Post

get it ?
              you dont ruing the "STOCK" shape of the dash since all your doing is using the navi dash from honda.. btw.. also a stock part.

you could mount the screen lower like say where the sunglass slot is which means moulding your own peice to fit there to hold the monitor. I was not kidding about searching the projects and worklogs. theres been 5 or 6 different examples for the 06. You dont have to mold into the dash, if you dont want, just use some kinda 2din sleeve for the monitor and then slid it in the "NAVI" Opening.

If your keeping the stereo then you need to fabricate something or if your going for that ghetto look. the moniter comes with a mounting bracket. you could always screw it into the dash(not that thats recomended. )

In the 06 civic your limited on options. it is what it is.

My Worklog

Comment

I don't know how long you are planning to keep your civic, but if you are planning to keep it for 3 years or so, then don't worry too much about hacking out your dashboard to fabricate screen mount.

You will be able to buy a gently used whole dashboard trim for <$100 in 2009. As a matter of fact, I saw a 06 Civic Dashboard go on Ebay for $120 last week. If you go search Civic dashboard from 2002-2004 model on Ebay today, you'll find dozens of them going for <$50. They include climate controls etc. Even the brand new dash from Honda OEM shouldn't cost you more than $300-400.

I did the same thing with my 06 Accord. There are 03 and 04 dashboard which fits my 06 (with climate control and CD changer intact) on Ebay for $50. I bought one, hacked it instead of my original dashboard. My original Dash/CD changer is sitting in my storage. If I sell my Accord, I should be able to swap out my CarPC monitor bezel with the OEM dashboard in 5 minutes.

Comment

just a fyi. I ordered the 2 dash peices that you need, and it was only 100 bucks for the 06. i ordered both so i had the stock ones and the dash could be painted to match. it was 50 bucks a peice and that was ordered from the honda dealership. OEM dash for 100 already not 3 or 4.

I can go back to completely stock if i needed to in a matter of hours(i say hours because I would have to rewire the factory amp in the Si).

My Worklog

Comment

Carputer into civic 06

If you have the 2din dash part for your honda you can put the screen from a Fujitsu P1120 in. The dash is 8.4diagonal and the screen is 8.9 wide theoretically, but is a 8.5 exactly what you can see from, so it's exactly what you need. The factory system from the honda is a real crap. You have the space for a screen who's take from the stupid cd player what they install there. When I see the volume control and the other big round control I go nuts. They could do really something else there more estetical.
                    So you have some pictures here from the work I did:

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/boglup20...60762385125430

So I have the laptop with 30G of hard drive. Of corse navi, I also I pluged another stereo into the system with an aux input, so you can listen to all the music what you have on the hard drive. For Navigation I'm using IGuidance, for street networking I have Street and Trips 2006, and also I have a tone of music there. A lot of work to do, but it's worthing. Looks nice and working perfectly. See ya.

Comment

If you have a 2din dash you can install into it a screen from a Fujitsu P1120. There you have some pictures about the work I did. See ya.

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/boglup20...60762385125430

Comment

Wow, that's nice...

I currently have an in-dash flipout, and was considering going with a carputer. However, the processor I have is controlled by the in-dash unit, leaving me nowhere to move it. But, I'm very impressed by your install. Did you not have to cut into anything?

If it weren't for my processor (that I have to have the dvd player to control it) I'd be all over this.
                        Just curious, how do you have the screen secured?

Comment

Working...
                        X