Innovatek 992 Dvd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Innovatek 992 Dvd

Got one From mp3playerstore.com, via ebay.. Excellent price, fast delivery etc..

Now, the fun..

I`m in Europe, so the FM and AM steps are wrong - .2/Mhz for FM, 10Khz for AM - should be .1/Mhz and 9Khz Respectivly.. So, this IS an issue, but here is a solution for FM - if You want a station on an Even-Numbered frequency, like for example 106.0 - you need to get as close as you can, like 105.9, and MEMORISE the channel and watch - it will AFC for you, and shift to 106.0! MEMORY it again, and then you step in the same .2/Mhz, but on the EVEN NUMBERS

Yep, it`s sad, but it WORKS.

Now to the iffey bit - the TV TUNER. Simply, it's nonsense. Black & white Picture, no audio - just horrible noise. Sometimes you can see colour, but mostly, its terrible b&W in all modes, and the audio carrier is totally splattered beyond any use - all timing clicks and horrible noise.

If this unit can be switched to "europe mode", like some of it`s clones claim to be able in the feature lists, i wish someone would point out how, as the tuner section is ALL usa.. AM is nearly useless, FM has to be hacked, and the TV tuner is splatter-city!

The remote and IR sensor are pants too - very weak and an acute capture angle, but they do work - a good thing as navigating folders on DVDs is impossible without it..

It does heat up as well, so a bit of space around it, or a slow-moving fan may help things - but this is common for a DVD in-dash player.. Pioneers famously melt dvds.. etc.

Having said all that - it`s BANGING loud, very kewl looking, and has some seriously nice touches.. it Works, and as the man said (in another thread) you gets what you pay for

Now - anyone any idea how to kick this thing into ASIA/EUROPE mode?

This has nothing to do with a CarPC. And as you said, you get what you pay for.

I would search for some manual that has factory codes. You might be able to "switch it to Europe mode" that way.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

The manuals for these things are a joke.. there's no clues in any of them..

Sorry if the post is O/T, but there are a good few posts and views in this section that are about these units..

Comment

I know the manual that came with it won't have it.

But these units are usually made unbranded, and then shipped to a ton of different companies. Then these companies brand them, and sell them to you. They make the crap manual that comes with the product. The manual the original manufacturer gives your supplier will have what you need. These units are made unbranded and general. It is the end-manufacturer that locks it to a certain coding depending on where they will be sold. You bought one destined for North America when you should have asked for a European model because I am sure they could get one for you.

You need to find one of the generalized manuals that will tell you how to reset to original defaults. Not the defaults given by the people you bought from. Basically unlocking it to work anywhere.

Like what people do with phones. Cingular or Sprint or whatever buys a phone from some Taiwanese company like a HTC Blue Angle or something. Then each cell carrier locks it to only be used in their frequencies, and slaps a logo on it. My Blue Angel phone is branded as a Siemmens sx66. But the same version elswhere is called differently. Same phone, new logo.

You could try calling the mp3carstore place and see if they will give up their supplier, or just search long and hard for a manual.
        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
        Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Thanks toaster - you kinda put it into words i couldn't Yes, these are all Badge-Copies of the same product, usually knock-offs of proper runs for legit Companies, with basic Operationg systems minus the branding etc.. There's nothing Wrong with this BTW, especially in the realm of DVD players and so on.. The Chinese Have Revolutionised Players by Bundling Functions that Big-Brandname Companies hold back on For their High-end or next lines..Functionality is superb, it`s the presentation, Build Quality and User-Interface that suffers though to cut the cost..

I'll keep an eye open for any info, it's bound to be in there as a software option, or even as solder-pads or jumpers on the inside somewhere i guess.. I have emailed the usual suspects abut the options, but i expect they will just have to ask the people THEY buy from and so on and so on..

On the manuals - they are like 4 or 5 manuals all stitched together! Different layouts for different functions and chapters, random fonts etc. No luxarys like service info

The units are cheap and fun and loud, but far from slick.. Suppose i should really shut up now, seeing as how i`m probably actually getting my moneysworth sa is, since it was silly-cheap

Comment

Hi,
            i've the same model 992 and the same problem for the fm frequency; i'll happy to try the way you suggest to put close the frequency and wait.
            For the TV tuner i've not problem as i've done the setting via setup menu and selected Pal......have you tried?

stefano from Rome - Italy

Comment

Working...
            X