SBCs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBCs

Does anyone know of a good SBC reference site on the net, preferably with a forum? I'm still trying to find out about mine.

Rob
    And you say people actually pay money for M$ Windows?
    www.mp3mini.co.uk (Does what it says on the URL) www.openclassic.co.uk (The new car, with zero rust!) www.rob-web.co.uk (My other site)
    Total re-design underway: on the whole progress is very slow as the car is taking up too much time :)

What's the make/model of your SBC? The manufactuers page is the best place to get started. If you're looking for general info on the different types of SBCs, try this page , it's got lots of Linux specific info but some good general stuff too.

Comment

The SBC is a LMB586-VH it seems to meet all my requirements, and I got in cheap, anoyingly it's the onboard on the manufactures site that does have an online manual. Really anoyingly they won't respond to any of my emails

Now I'm wandering if it was such a good bargin.

Rob
      www.mp3mini.co.uk (Does what it says on the URL) www.openclassic.co.uk (The new car, with zero rust!) www.rob-web.co.uk (My other site)
      Total re-design underway: on the whole progress is very slow as the car is taking up too much time :)

Comment

That was a good deal you got - I was tempted to bid on it too! Based on the limited amount of info on the manufactuer's page, it looks like the board uses standard connections, so I would not be too worried about the lack of manuals - it should be straight forward to setup. You'll need to find a backplane for it, since that board does not include ethernet or sound. I would not be too worried about drivers either, it should work with standard drivers built into Windows, plus the seller on that auction mentioned the drivers were included on disks.

Comment

I have two of these and dissagree with getting a backplane... I use a usb network adapter and usb sound adapter (sounds like **** but you could find one that doesnt)... A backplane will probably destroy the reason you bought it (small size)! I have had no trouble with mine... How much did you buy it for?
          1999 voyager pontoon boat
          (soon to be computerized)

Comment

I paid $46 for the SBC, RAM & CPU, (the guy selling it has a load of them and said he'd sell me more at the same price if I was interested). I won't be using a back plane as I'm going for USB audio, although I don't know what I'm doing for NIC yet (probably USB or something as I'll only need it once a month or so).

I still need a manual to workout jumper settings, especially for the LCD, and CPU. I've got the drivers on disk, and there avalible on the manufactures website it's just the manual which isn't online

More info as I get it.

Rob

Comment

Working...
            X