United Kingdom mp3car team?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• United Kingdom mp3car team?

Just wondered how many people from the UK actually use this forum, doesnt mean there the only ones with mp3cars but wiill be nice to get an idea!

I'm tempted to setup a mp3car uk website, is there one already or would it be the first?

seems sensible as mp3car is becoming overcrowded and bloated...
    reminds me of a certain expensive OS!

/me spanks moon
    John McLear - [email protected]
    http://www.205oc.co.uk
    UK Mp3car slapnut
    #mp3car - Efnet
    Carplayer and Mediaengine *****
    spank gemma.co.uk for holding my motherboard for so long. still no board, wood work nearly done :|
    [-----------(90%)----] Completed :)
    pics at: http://www.zcentric.com/~mitcht/gall...me=Convertable

I suggested starting a uk portal with example cars and a parts supply list. I have pletny of webspace if someone would be willing to help in development - i'm not a great webspace coder. I'm after scripts to allow the addition of example cars, kinda like mp3car. If anyone knows a way to allow a custom login to upload html and images then I'd be more than willing to use it!

Cheers

Andrew
    Mediabox Hardware Project
    Current Stage: A complete redesign, although not much happening right now!

Mediabox Software Project
    Status: Writing Sync Software (still) and playing around with interface
    To do: Far too much!

Comment

go for it, there are already plenty of uk car audio sites so an mp3 car would be really good! i hope to get my system done soon.

Comment

Hi,

I've already started work ona UK portal www.mp3cars.co.uk

I'd be grateful for any help ...

I host the site myself so webspace/bandwidth is no issue
        Car: About to change

Player: VIA Eden, 256Mb RAM, Bootable from 64MB Compactflash, 40GB MP3 HD, IRMan, Wireless Keyboard, 5.6" In-dash TFT, 12v DC-DC, running Windows XP Embedded with Wireless LAN, Mobile Internet, GPS Sat Navigation.

== Running MediaEngine for the front end whilst I build a front end in VB.NET, but may stick with ME 2.0 ==

Comment

A quick tip webassist - raise the fps in swish to 25 frames per second - 12 just looks very slow!

Cheers - are you gonna write the scripts yourself or use ready made?

Andrew

Comment

I'm gonna write them all myself ... What features would you like on the site? I don't want to step on MP3Car.com too much.

If anyone has any UK/European links for kit can they let me know??

I'll try to have a mock site up ASAP - Anyone want to help run/design the site??
            Car: About to change

Player: VIA Eden, 256Mb RAM, Bootable from 64MB Compactflash, 40GB MP3 HD, IRMan, Wireless Keyboard, 5.6" In-dash TFT, 12v DC-DC, running Windows XP Embedded with Wireless LAN, Mobile Internet, GPS Sat Navigation.

== Running MediaEngine for the front end whilst I build a front end in VB.NET, but may stick with ME 2.0 ==

Comment

I am in the UK also, although I know little about web site design I would be willing to help if needed
              Reaper - [email protected]

I'm in shape...... round is a shape!

[-(10%)---------]

Volvo 740se, ???, awe64 Gold, ati rage with tv-out & a HUGE 192mb hdd (For testing!) (had to give the PII 350 to my mum :( )

Comment

Count me in

Comment

ahhh... trying to give my austmp3car.tk site a run for its money eh? Im currently re-writing the site in PHP/mySQL (the current site is totally static HTML ) and adding some nice new features to boot... (link submission forms/member searching/better news system/FAQ/tutes/etc/etc/something else)....

expect it soonish...... well not all the above features at once, all in good time...

well when u UK guys get your act together we can be affiliate sites to each other!!! eh?!

probably not a bad idea at all.... like jose said, mp3car.com is fast becoming the M$ of websites!!! splitting it up into 'regions' would make it easier to manage..... keep news/members local to each other, and might help with language barriers, etc..... and we aint treading on mp3car.com's toes either...
                  Project - GAME OVER :(

Comment

I have got no web page skills. But if someone could give me a poke in the right direction, I would be able to write all about my experience in producing my carputer.
                    Dealing with various distributers/overcoming software/hardware hicups etc.

Really I just wanted my name on this thread, so that I can hopefully find someone with a finished install, close to Blackpool/Preston, that I could come and take a look at with a view to stealing...I mean admiring their handywork.
                    It all looks a bit complicated to me

1st attempt went OK, but was too slow. Next version is all onboard, will use push buttons on the com ports, got a 200MHz 6x86, 128MB RAM, Winamp. Sproggy 2.6 kit in progress. 12GB Laptop HDD. No case yet!

Comment

I`m in the UK, and i`m good at flash and photoshop, but i`m really busy doing some vb/flash software for the car at the moment. I`m willing to offer any help if anyone needs it though. My 3rd install is also on the verge of completion, i`ve got everything running in the house, I just need to get everything in the car.
                      My Setup

Comment

I'm sort of in the UK, and come the summer I should be back home and have the mini again

A couple of suggestions, a good links page, www.mp3car.com/usersites/links started of looking good but hasn't gone anywhere in ages. Definately a list of suppilers and not just the common ones like Maplin, but ones where you can find the weird and wonderful bits (like frigging connectors).

A good set of referance articals would be good, not the standard quick brush over most mp3 car sites have. For example 90% of the newbie articals here could be covered in a set of 10 or so referance articals.

List of good examples of mp3cars, and some indication of the quality / usefullness of the content. Alot of the single page sites you find when doing searchs arn't very usefull.

I should be able to help out, if required, usual skills here, html, java, ability to draw circuits / diagrams, and invent new words that are nothing like the word I want
                        And you say people actually pay money for M$ Windows?
                        www.mp3mini.co.uk (Does what it says on the URL) www.openclassic.co.uk (The new car, with zero rust!) www.rob-web.co.uk (My other site)
                        Total re-design underway: on the whole progress is very slow as the car is taking up too much time :)

Comment

also bgoodman's FAQ page is nice... but personally the softare is ****e......

I was loooking at knocking up a FAQ php system, with image insertions (I hate when circuit diagrams are explained in ASCII!) and document attachments to topics like PDF's/etc.....

will be one of my endevours at a later date.....
                          Project - GAME OVER :(

Comment

Just adding a me too!
                            -------------------------------------------
                            (=========-) 99% complete
                            --------------------------------------------
                            AMD K6/2 500 @ 450mhz to keep heat and power usage down, 64Mb, slim CDrom drive, 64mb USB pendrive for MP3 transfer, 10Gb 2.5" drive for MP3, USB>RS232
                            All jammed in external CDROM drive case.
                            Kenwood KVC-1000r In-Dash LCD. x-10 MouseRemote. Destinator V2 Gps. DC-DC with onboard Shutdown controller.
                            ----------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                            X