Molding & Acrylic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Molding & Acrylic

Ok, so after spending all day making and revising mockups in cardboard and prototypes in acrylic for mounting my screen, ive decided that acrylic is a pain in the *** and i should just use cardboard . but seriously, ive got 3 of the 4 sides finally nearly snug with the last piece i did in acrylic, but the bottoms not flush now. The bottom is also the only place that has a "lip" of sorts, so that something could sit in front of it, to hide it (ie its not flush). Does anyone have any ideas? its only off by less than 1/8th of an inch. but after actually hooking my dremel up to my inverter and sitting in my car trying to get it to fit, im not sure that i can make another piece and not go insane. The cubby it sits in doesnt have one straight section, wide on the top to narrower on the bottom, left side is taller than the right, and everything curves slightly, and the top, which can be almost a simply straight across cut, has to have a bunch of shapes cut out to have the center console go on over it.

so after all that rambling, the question comes out to this, anyone have any ideas for something like a 1/4" rubber stub (or is it bull?) nose moulding?

Edit: this is the only decent pic of the cubby i have:
    http://www.mp3vw.com/mp3car/images/v1.0/DCP01805.jpg
    -Nick

what you can do is cut a new piece of acrylic bigger than you need it and file it down to the size you need using a hand planer and some sandpaper

Comment

Heh, ive done that twice now but i think the answer struck me as i was driving around today, i should cover the entire piece in vinyl, and just fudge the bottom, so it will all be snug.
      -Nick

Comment

Working...
      X