Info on These Lilliput single din PC's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info on These Lilliput single din PC's

gday been looking into getting a carputer again and came across this from liliput

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Lilliput-1-DI...QQcmdZViewItem

Now.. i will be using my pc mostly for music playing and games.. using itunes... and maybe a few moto x games.. now if anyone has had any experiance with these single din PC's can u please give me some insite? or someone with the knowledge break down if this machine is capable of doing anything worth while..

is it compareable to this unit

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/VIA-C7-2-0GHz...QQcmdZViewItem

thanks guys, ryann,

bump.. anyone?

Comment

ok, well the first one, the 1 din indash one, it dosnt give you a screen of any time, and that is the ENTIRE point of having a carputer, being able to navigate around windows, not to just play discs, so unless you have a 2 din sized spot available and can stick a lilliput screen in the slot above this one, i'd skip it and go with a carputer under a seat or in the trunk and a 1 din flip out screen in its place in the dash

for a mobo i went with the EN12000EG
      VIA EPIA-EN12000EG - 512 MB DDR2 533 - M2-ATX - 60GB HD - VoomPC enclosure

Comment

thats my opinion anyhow

Comment

tahnks for the reply, more along the hardware side of things, how do u think it will run compared to a put together motherboard pc under a seat? either way ill be getting a touch screen to work along side it..

Comment

The Lilliput in-dash PC is based on an EPIA M10000 motherboard. Its performance would be about the same if you built your own sstem based on the same motherboard.
            If you build a sstem based on other hardware, it will easily outpace the Lilliput system.
            Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
            How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

look at my sig, i'd honestly recommend the en12 or the en15, they are currently THE top of the line mini itx (what you would be using most likely) from VIA, and heat wont be an issue if you use those two

Comment

i red a few reviews and i think this may be a good setup to start with.. what do u guys think.. i have no sort of judgement on mini pc's how would this be for playing some 3d games with? and playing music etc.? more then enough im sure?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....ayphotohosting

Comment

For playing music it's fine.
                  It will suck balls for playing games.
                  Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
                  How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

can you point me in a good direction for general usability? i generally wont use it for playing games. will be music.. videos and running my suspenion system..

this seems more then fine? with 1gb of ram in it?

Comment

games = no, for music and the like, should run just fine
                      dont really know if you need 1 gb of ram, 512 runs me pretty well

Comment

can you point me to a board which is capable of gaming?

Comment

current games? like HL2 or something? in terms of car pc boards, NONE, the best chance you would have would be to hook up a nintendo wii or xbox 360 or something in your car. if you were dead set on using a carputer to game on you would have to make a full home pc, and stick it in your trunk, but you'd have all sorts of problems with ventilation and tempurature (especially on any sunny days in the summer unless you live in alaska or something) and blah blah blah, it just isnt a good idea. if you wanna game in the car, use a 360 or wii or past system or something

Comment

Working...
                          X