Need Help Picking A mp3 HD unit for my Car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help Picking A mp3 HD unit for my Car

I just bought a Pioneer FH-P80 head unit. It is IP Bus compatible and I am looking for a hard drive MP3 player. I will need at least 60 gig. USB or IDE? All input is helpful. Thanks
    Ok so I am back into it!!

Via Epia/Opus/Custom Plexi Case/DVD CdRW Combo/Wireless Keyboard Mouse Combo/IrMan/DS Custom 5.6" Screen/Pioneer Deh-p 825 w/ IpBus/2 Hifonics Generation X Amps 1x1200, 4x60/MA Audio high end and 1 3000 watt MA Synergy Sub in a Custom Fiberglass Box/1f MA Didital Cap/FM Remote Start Keyless Entry/

Portability...

First, where did you get that head unit?? I dont recall Pioneer ever using FH-P as a model number.

Anyways,
    You just want an mp3 player?? Or are you looking to put an actual computer in?? Little confused..

If you are going to put an actual computer in your car like the lot of us...whether to go IDE or USB depends on your portability. If the computer is too big to take in and out of your car or you dont plan on setting it up on a network of some sort, you will find it much easier to go USB/FIREWIRE/REMOVABLE HD.

If your comp is really portable or you are gonna put it on a network, a big cheap IDE hd will do.

Personally, I like my USB one since I pop it out of my car and bring it into work. Good luck,

PoBoy
    I'm a ghost...email me if you have any questions on my old setup

My way outdated website: http://www.poboytech.net

FYI: I sold my 96 4Runner and bought a 1985

Comment

Re: Portability...

Originally posted by PoBoy
      First, where did you get that head unit?? I dont recall Pioneer ever using FH-P as a model number.

PoBoy
      Here you go...FH-P80

I had a FH-M75 a few years ago. Also, not a familiar model number.
      Aura MR62 (F and R)
      My Current MP3s
      IamDefiler.com

Comment

The FH-P80 is a double din head unit. I think it is a 97 model. It has full DSP that prouduces excelent sound. I was looking at the mp3 player by ssi america. Im not sure what the best way to go is. Im not looking to spend alot but I do want to have a good system. They still make the FH-P models. they are 8800 and 8200 I think. I am just wondering if I should just buy a MP3 HD unit or would it be better to build my own. I only plan on using it for mp3s. Altough if I had lots of loot I would love all the rest of the goodies that you guys have. I just was wondering if anyone has anything to say about these kinds of players. Thanks for you help!
        Ok so I am back into it!!

Via Epia/Opus/Custom Plexi Case/DVD CdRW Combo/Wireless Keyboard Mouse Combo/IrMan/DS Custom 5.6" Screen/Pioneer Deh-p 825 w/ IpBus/2 Hifonics Generation X Amps 1x1200, 4x60/MA Audio high end and 1 3000 watt MA Synergy Sub in a Custom Fiberglass Box/1f MA Didital Cap/FM Remote Start Keyless Entry/

Comment

Working...
        X