Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MP3Car.com stickers??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MP3Car.com stickers??

    Can you buy mp3car.com stickers anywhere? I heard they used to be included in all purchases, but now aren't, at least I didn't get any. I'd just like a simple sticker no more than a few inches for my back window.

    Please don't flame, I'm well aware that advertising what's inside your car attracts thieves and all that. How many people would actually know what a small mp3car sticker means on an otherwise stock exterior though?

  • #2
    http://store.mp3car.com/SearchResult...x=0&Search.y=0

    Serarch the store for STICKER
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?



    Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

    Comment


    • #3
      I saw those, but they are bumper stickers and for some reason don't have images. Why would anybody buy a sticker without knowing what it looks like? I'm guessing it's just the logo that's in the corner of the page, but it doesn't say.

      I kind of just want a clear sticker that says mp3car.com on it in plain white...but they probably don't look like that. I'd like it to not really stand out, any sticker with an opaque background stands out, because you can tell it's a sticker, if it just looks like some lettering on the window it will be more subtle.

      Comment


      • #4
        Yes, it's the mp3car.com logo.

        It's in color (the funky orange-ish) on a white background, not what you are wanting.
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?



        Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

        Comment


        • #5
          I'm guessing I'm gonna just have to get them made locally then? Luckily my girlfriend's mom works at Kinkos so she should be able to hook me up

          Comment


          • #6
            I would highly recommend gettnig permission to make a sticker out of someone else's logo....

            Bil Waterson hates all those vinyl stickers of Calvin ****ing on a Ford (or Chevy or Dodge or Toyota) logo. It's his trademarked character, so he has every right to be ****ed. I'm certain that the auto manufacturers aren't exactly pleased, either.

            That said, I think that vinyl cutout stickers of the mp3car.com logo would be cool....
            Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
            How about the Wiki?



            Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by DarquePervert View Post
              I would highly recommend gettnig permission to make a sticker out of someone else's logo.....
              For his own personal use, I don't think there is an issue.

              If he plans on making a quantity and then distributing, then yes he would need to get MP£car' permission (and probably pay a licensing fee).

              Comment


              • #8
                Just thinking about theft though, I try to keep my car looking plain, but nice. This is a pretty widely known website now. I dont know if it would be a good idea to advertise that you have this equipment in your car.
                Mike M
                2006 Accord VP Sedan

                My worklog
                http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/work...-dads-car.html

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by DarquePervert View Post
                  Bil Waterson hates all those vinyl stickers of Calvin ****ing on a Ford (or Chevy or Dodge or Toyota) logo.
                  Cool beans, man. Calvin and Hobbes was (and is, in my opinion) the best comic strip ever. :-)

                  Originally posted by mwmcginn View Post
                  Just thinking about theft though, I try to keep my car looking plain, but nice. This is a pretty widely known website now. I dont know if it would be a good idea to advertise that you have this equipment in your car.
                  Good call. I wanted to see just how widely known mp3car.com is, but unfortunately, a Google Trends search on "mp3car.com" didn't turn anything up.

                  An amateur built the Ark. The Titanic was built by professionals.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by spoonraker View Post
                    I saw those, but they are bumper stickers and for some reason don't have images. Why would anybody buy a sticker without knowing what it looks like? I'm guessing it's just the logo that's in the corner of the page, but it doesn't say.

                    I kind of just want a clear sticker that says mp3car.com on it in plain white...but they probably don't look like that. I'd like it to not really stand out, any sticker with an opaque background stands out, because you can tell it's a sticker, if it just looks like some lettering on the window it will be more subtle.
                    Use scissors
                    ~Jimmy

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by JimmyFitz View Post
                      Use scissors
                      LOL. Good call.

                      Wait, wait, wait...what I meant to say was that I'd be willing to mod the OP's sticker for only $50 (plus shipping both ways and insurance, of course). Guaranteed results! I got an A+ in kindergarten in "Scissor technique" class, and am certified to cut out circles, squares, triangles, AND letters! A+++++ eBay feedback as well. PM me with details.

                      LOL.

                      An amateur built the Ark. The Titanic was built by professionals.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        lol I guess scissors kind of slipped my mind good call!

                        I can install a car PC, but need to ask questions about how to modify a sticker

                        and if I do decide to have one made I'll of course send an email to mp3car first to make sure I have permission to do so

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          If I put this in my car, maybe I'll sport an mp3car.com sticker
                          http://www.gettingit.com/article/69
                          Cars:
                          2001 Lexus es300 carpc Complete!Lexus es300 thread Retired
                          Current: 2008 BMW 335i - carpc in development.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I have an mp3car sticker from last summer and it does not have the white background. it is actually cut around the letters.
                            2001 Acura CL traded for a 2006 Subaru Legacy GT
                            7" Lilliput Touchscreen
                            NANO-ITX+m1-atx
                            512 DDRsodimm
                            60g SATA Laptop HD
                            4x Apple DVDslot
                            digimoto OBDii
                            mS GPS
                            mini BT keyboard
                            relocated HU faceplate

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by mwmcginn View Post
                              Just thinking about theft though, I try to keep my car looking plain, but nice. This is a pretty widely known website now. I dont know if it would be a good idea to advertise that you have this equipment in your car.
                              Bingo.
                              I have proudly displayed my MP3Car.com bumper stickers for years now (5+). A few weeks ago, some jackass broke into my car and stole my equipment. I have tinted rear windows (no way to see inside) and was parked facing a hill. The only way a burgler could see in was by walking around the sides of my car. He couldn't have simply driven by and seen anything - he must have seen something... The sticker is all I can figure...

                              "MP3" is far too well known these days... We need something more "l33t". In the know, you know?

                              It's a shame. I love this site and to display my devotion to it. Too bad I can't show it off.
                              http://www.jeepmp3.com/
                              CarPC Stolen. Starting over.
                              Ne1 recognize the avatar?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X