X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ELectronic Boost gauge

Hi all,

Suggestion really,

I use centrafuse and quite like the idea of the odb options looking after the engine management, although its not connected.

Just wondering if anyone know if its possible to set up something like a boost or pressure sensor (similar to that on the back of a boost valve) that would send a reading through usb, or serial to the pc where someone could create some kind of graph...bar or gauge (similar to inside knightrider) to show boost levels....for turboed cars?

obviously with the right sensors you could apply the same graphs or bars to speedometer (digital dash) and also things like revs, oil temps and so on....

If this has been spoken of already, sorry, if its a new idea and someone has the ability or knows what parts to make it work i am very interested.

Thanks

Originally posted by astrapc View Post
    Hi all,

Suggestion really,

I use centrafuse and quite like the idea of the odb options looking after the engine management, although its not connected.

Just wondering if anyone know if its possible to set up something like a boost or pressure sensor (similar to that on the back of a boost valve) that would send a reading through usb, or serial to the pc where someone could create some kind of graph...bar or gauge (similar to inside knightrider) to show boost levels....for turboed cars?

obviously with the right sensors you could apply the same graphs or bars to speedometer (digital dash) and also things like revs, oil temps and so on....

If this has been spoken of already, sorry, if its a new idea and someone has the ability or knows what parts to make it work i am very interested.

Thanks
    Search the OBD-2 section of this forum.

Michael
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

First off you would need a MAP sensor. Then figure out how to use that electric signal to something software can use. I know how to do the MAP sensor part, but the software is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad2v View Post
        First off you would need a MAP sensor. Then figure out how to use that electric signal to something software can use. I know how to do the MAP sensor part, but the software is beyond me.
        OEM Turbod cars have map sensors, and the information is available in the OBD port.

Michael
        ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

vDash digital software gauges

vDash seems to do what you've explained above but it does not update the digital software gauges in real-time. The fastest the software can update the gauges is at 1 second intervals which wouldnt be accurate enough in my opinion. Has any found a better product yet?

vDash ---> http://www.chetcodigital.com/vGauge/vDash.htm
          2006 BF F6 Typhoon, Silhouette, 6 Speed Manual, 18" Wheels, Sports Steering Wheel, Leather Seats, Sun Roof. So Far: Tint, K&N Panel Filter

Comment

Working...
          X