New CarPC member, question on M2-ATX

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New CarPC member, question on M2-ATX

All my stuff is on order now. I'm doing up a VoomPC CarPC with M2-ATX and 7" Lilliput touchscreen in my 1996 3000GT VR4. I'm new to this but ready for the project.

My question is related to the location of the M2-ATX unit. From what I gather (i work in computers) the M2 doesnt install into the VoomPC case, it hangs outside somewhere. Where should I physically put the M2-ATX unit? Should I have it in an enclosure?

There is only one other 3000GT install on MP3car (under the show off your car section) , but the LCD was done external, mine will be installed in the double din.

If anyone knows the good places to hook the M2-ATX up to, please let me know.

Look forward to this project.

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ght=ampie+case

And just so you know the "VoomPC" case is also called the "Ampie" case. You might have better luck searching with that term.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more

Comment

Originally posted by Kurack View Post
        My question is related to the location of the M2-ATX unit. From what I gather (i work in computers) the M2 doesnt install into the VoomPC case, it hangs outside somewhere. Where should I physically put the M2-ATX unit? Should I have it in an enclosure?
        You should search. http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ight=voompc+m1 Yes, it MUST be in some type of enclosure.

If anyone knows the good places to hook the M2-ATX up to, please let me know.
        Sure, try the ATX connector on your MB and wire coming from your battery

Michael
        ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

I win!

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
            I win!
            By seconds, mere seconds. It took me a little longer because I search for both VOOM and M1 and M2, but ya, you won. :P

Michael
            ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

5:08 and 5:10

Comment

5:08 and 5:10

Didn't even notice the earlier post, just the one with the pics.

Ahh hell, wasted all that work. MUHAHAHAHAHA.

Oh wait, it took a couople of seconds. OP should have done it himself.

I am humbled in your presence.

Michael

Comment

hahahaha thanks guys for the help. For some reason I thought the M2 was big...I didnt realize it was small and fit inside the voompc case...

Now to find out what this "battery" thing is..i hear it supplies something called "electricity"....i think I need that right? (i meant where EXACTLY in a 96 VR4 i could hook it up to)

Comment

Originally posted by Wiredwrx View Post
                    I am humbled in your presence.

Michael
                    Yay!

hahahaha thanks guys for the help. For some reason I thought the M2 was big...I didnt realize it was small and fit inside the voompc case...

Now to find out what this "battery" thing is..i hear it supplies something called "electricity"....i think I need that right? (i meant where EXACTLY in a 96 VR4 i could hook it up to)
                    Exactly would be run a thick wire to this modern day leyden jar to feed the M2's +12v const connector (RED) and a smallish wire to the ignition wire of your car (varies so look around das interwebs) to the ign connect on the M2 (WHITE), and the M2's ground (BLACK) to the chassis. Voila. Witness the glory of the flowing electron!

Comment

Yay!

Exactly would be run a thick wire to this modern day leyden jar to feed the M2's +12v const connector (RED) and a smallish wire to the ignition wire of your car (varies so look around das interwebs) to the ign connect on the M2 (WHITE), and the M2's ground (BLACK) to the chassis. Voila. Witness the glory of the flowing electron!
                      Beat me to it again, argggggggg.

But did he really think I wasn't being serious about the battery???

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Wiredwrx View Post
                        Beat me to it again, argggggggg.

But did he really think I wasn't being serious about the battery???

Michael
                        Whats a battery? Whats a wire? Man i'm lost...

Comment

Whats a battery? Whats a wire? Man i'm lost...
                          wired will hunt you down and sue you for publicly acting stupid or something!

Comment

wired will hunt you down and sue you for publicly acting stupid or something!
                            sue me for acting stupid? HA, I think you have that backwards...i need to go find him and get the lawsuits going . I guess he *really* must have thought I was going to hook the M2-ATX up to another power source like a hamster on a wheel...i mean that could make electrons right? I would have *never* thought to hook a power supply up to a battery

Comment

He is the resident lawyer, hence the suing and therefor him winning. He could fight that the earth was flat and he could probably win or scare the other party into some plea bargain for ever doubting the earth was a squished orange!

You could just make some huge copper wire loops and fasten them to your car. Then drive around by the high power wires, and "borrow" some electricity.

Comment

Working...
                              X