windows software

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windows software

ok i am building my first carputer and i just bought a pocket pc now the pocket pc runs windows mobile 5.0 and i was just wondering if it was possible to install this onto a normal pc that way it would have almost instant start up.

Not really, no.
    A pocketPc has a specific set of hardare that can not and will not change. It also has a specific set of functionality.
    As such, there needs to be far less code on the Windows Mobile device, as it only performs specific tasks and has to address specific hardware.
    A full-bore PC has a lot more potential functionality and postential hardware, and the OS (Windoze XP, for example) has to accomodate that.

If you want a faster boot time, I suggest looking into Windoze XP Embedded, but be prepared for a lot of tweaking, configuring, testing, etc. It's not going to be instant, as no PC can have instant-on, by their very nature.

Another option for faster bootup is to use Standby or Hibernate rather than a full shutdown/startup every time. I use Hibernate mode and my system is up & playing in about 20sec.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Working...
    X