Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rear camera, walmart roadmaster vr3 wireless?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear camera, walmart roadmaster vr3 wireless?

hey all,

i don't go into walmart much, when i do its for oil etc. the other day i figured i'd take a quick look at what headunits were out now and stumbled across roadmasters vr3 wireless rear camera.

anyone had any luck with this?

roadmaster ususally makes cheap crap, and i figure this is the same... but i can pick one up online for about 50 bucks... with the 2.5 inch screen etc, it might be worth screwing around with...

or should i def. go wired?

http://www.roadmasterusa.com/backupcamera_vr3.php

Seen it, bought it, returned it - all in the same day. Very poor reception and alot of interference from cell phone.

I just bought a wired one from ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/Night-Vision-Lic...QQcmdZViewItem hopefully it is better than the wireless one.

Rc
    Suburban custom center console work log

Comment

rcracerx, I'm interested in your feedback on that camera, (it is one of the more interesting ad's on Ebay), and the "no drill mounting" is an attractive feature.
      Carputer Haiku (thanks Ian Hughes)
      Serious error.
      All shortcuts have disappeared.
      Screen. Mind. Both are blank.

Comment

Originally posted by MrJamieR View Post
        rcracerx, I'm interested in your feedback on that camera, (it is one of the more interesting ad's on Ebay), and the "no drill mounting" is an attractive feature.
        It ships from NY and I am in NJ so I should have it today or tomorrow. I will do the install on SAT and post my findings.

Cheers
        Rc
        Suburban custom center console work log

Comment

cool so steer away from the wireless and get the wired... let me know how easy the install is on that and whats entailed... i don't really want to drill a hole in my trunk lid...

~mikeym

Comment

Working...
          X