Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPS Port Setting - Help !!!

Hi,

I have three questions. I will greatly appreciate your help!

GPS Receiver:
    Holux GR-213 (USB version)

GPS Software:
    Street Atlas 2007 , iGuidance 3.0

1)
    When I go to Control Panel -> system -> Hardware -> Device Manager -> Ports (COM & LPT)

and then right-click on "Holux GPS USB Device (COM4)" and go to Properties -> Port Settings

What settings should I use there? What difference does it make?

2)
    How do I enable WAAS?
    Is it enabled in the GPS Software? I did not find any such option in iGuidance 3.0

3)
    "MS Street and Trips 2007" DOES NOT not speak the "steet name" while giving "voice directions" and "Street Atlas 2007" does that. Is this significant/Important?

I will be very thankful for your answers. Thanks!

1) 4800,N,8,1,No Flow Control

2) I don't believe you need to do anything. It's simply a function of the GPS receiver. I could be wrong.

3) You tell us. Features that are important or not important are all in the eye of the beholder.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert View Post
      1) 4800,N,8,1,No Flow Control

2) I don't believe you need to do anything. It's simply a function of the GPS receiver. I could be wrong.

3) You tell us. Features that are important or not important are all in the eye of the beholder.
      Thanks! I appreciate your help!

1)
      Why don't we need "Flow Control"

3)
      I haven't GPS before, so I wanted to ask experienced people whether speaking "street names" by street atlas has any advantage over street and trips?

Please do let me know.

Comment

1) Because there's no flow control protocol in the GPS reciever. As a general rule, most newer consumer-level serial devices don't utilize flow control.

3) You're the one that's going to be driving and following the spoken directions... Me? I don't care whether it tells me the street name (although my software does), because I have the ability to read a map.
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

1) Because there's no flow control protocol in the GPS reciever. As a general rule, most newer consumer-level serial devices don't utilize flow control.

3) You're the one that's going to be driving and following the spoken directions... Me? I don't care whether it tells me the street name (although my software does), because I have the ability to read a map.
          Thank you for the explanations

Comment

Me? I don't care whether it tells me the street name

Neither do I. Telling me "turn right on Darque Blvd" would seldom help me much since I have no clue where Darque Blvd is. Hmm, yes, I could try to look for a street sign somewhere near a corner, but I find it much easier just to glance at the screen of my GPS than to search for street name signs (especially in the dark, bad weather, etc).

Comment

Any ideas on how to force a com port to 14 in Iguidence 3.0

I was thinking maybe a switch in the shortcut?
              03' Toyota Tundra T3 Special Edition - Polk Audio speakers - Sony 4ch amp - RF Sub amp
              Carputer Planning |---------*|
              Overall Implementation |---------*-|
              (Stereo complete)
              Computer installed and working

Comment

Working...
              X