5hz anyone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5hz anyone?

Well now we can get 5hz modules cheap we just need to start bugging the gps software companies to start upping their refresh rates

http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/pro...ducts_id=8266#

肚子笑痛了
    S60 Install

nice... navi lag sucks...
    MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

Looks good. Also looks like you can drop that into some of the GPS "mouse" receivers.

Now we have to hack IG for faster updates.

Michael
      ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

Default 38400bps!

Wow... Looks impressive and the price isn't too bad.
        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
        Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Yeah I wish there was a way to get it to take updates faster. I emailed iNav asking them if they were planning on supporting faster than 1hz. They flat out said no.

I'm buying one of these because even if I don't use it for the car I could use it for my UAV.
          肚子笑痛了
          S60 Install

Comment

iNav needs to start listening to their damn customers.

jcd, kick *** on the find! I love sparkfun.. I want to just buy up all their goodies so that I can mess around with them.

They have good photos too. DSLR w/ bounced flash, mmm.

Comment

I just tested iGuidance with a fast log playback. It already refreshes at what looks like 4 to 5 Hz so that's kind of cool.

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidKernel View Post
                iNav needs to start listening to their damn customers.

jcd, kick *** on the find! I love sparkfun.. I want to just buy up all their goodies so that I can mess around with them.

They have good photos too. DSLR w/ bounced flash, mmm.

Yeah they take damn nice photos. I buy whatever stuff I can from them, have to support the little guys especially since they know their stuff. I bought my OEM gps module from them. Now i'm gonna order this one from them too.

Originally posted by Curiosity View Post
                I just tested iGuidance with a fast log playback. It already refreshes at what looks like 4 to 5 Hz so that's kind of cool.

Maybe they changed it in 3? because we had tried sending log files at a increased rate in 2.1 and it wouldnt take it.
                肚子笑痛了
                S60 Install

Comment

Originally posted by turbocad6 View Post
                  nice... navi lag sucks...

5Hz vs. 1Hz would not help with the lag issue.

5Hz would be nice for eliminating the "jumps", and making the movement nicely smooth. But the same effect could be also achieved by a software solution.

To eliminate the lag (the approximately 2 second delay), the software developer would have to implement predictive algorithm.

Comment

Originally posted by Marvin Hlavac View Post
                    5Hz vs. 1Hz would not help with the lag issue.

5Hz would be nice for eliminating the "jumps", and making the movement nicely smooth. But the same effect could be also achieved by a software solution.

To eliminate the lag (the approximately 2 second delay), the software developer would have to implement predictive algorithm.
                    What 2 second delay? Mine is updated at 1Hz. When I move, it is always t<1sec before I see a move on the screen. If there was a 2 sec delay, if I was stopped it would take t < 2sec to get movement.
                    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more

Comment

great thing if it works.
                      Could someone explain to me though why other chips, like the sirf III, limit them self to 1hz if it is perfectly fine to get higher update rates? I mean theres gotta be a reason why all other receivers update more slowly. Moreover why stop at 5 hz?

Comment

guess #1: To keep costs low...

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
                          What 2 second delay? Mine is updated at 1Hz. When I move, it is always t<1sec before I see a move on the screen. If there was a 2 sec delay, if I was stopped it would take t < 2sec to get movement.
                          If you estimate the delay between what you see on your screen while driving and your actual location to be less then 1 second, than you do have a very good system. My setup in my estimation generates greater delay. Two seconds is my best guesstimate. I think that's quite reasonable considering that 1Hz of a GPS receiver gives us about 1 second delay, plus the GPS software accounts likely for another 1 second.

[EDIT] I re-read your reply and I just realized you are likely not talking about the delay between the GPS position on the screen vs. actual location on the road while in motion. I think you are referring to the screen refresh rate only. In that sense you are correct.

Comment

Im more interested in Dead reckoning. Both would be nice but hz are probably third on my list.
                            1. Dead reckoning.
                            2. Better maps, more POI's
                            3. HZ
                            08 Lincoln Navigator www.mobiteklink.com

Comment

I use an alpine navigation unit in my minivan, & I have iguidance & a few others on the pc... I notice the least "lag" with the alpine, it is dead reconing though, so maybe that makes a difference? with iguidance I'd say 2 second lag sounds about right to me... the alpine is almost half as much, but still theres a slight delay from where I actually am to where the screen shows I am..

strange thing is, my bu 353 is really fast & gets a lock in seconds,but the alpine with a system reset, it starts up in cali default again, it takes a few minutes to get a lock & locate me... wonder if a better antenna would make the alpine better? it should... hmmm
                              MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

Working...
                              X