No announcement yet.

Rikaline GPS Receiver 6010-X5 ~~ Anyone has it??

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rikaline GPS Receiver 6010-X5 ~~ Anyone has it??

Just saw this review from across the pond, but Im unable to find a US retailer to get an unit.
    It has the new SirfXtrac chipset which is supposed to greatly increase reception by using the low reception satellites.
    I found this description of the technology.
    o what is XTrac ?

"XTrac is a firmware on the SiRF chipset that will boost the sensitivity of a GPS receiver. It does so by acquiring more signal from weaker satellites to help bring in a stronger signal giving better sensitivity in difficult areas. For example, a normal GPS may acquire signals from 4 satellites with the strongest signals to calculate your position. In the XTrac mode, the GPS will acquire signals from several more weaker satellites (e.g. total 6 satellites) before outputting a position. Thus, the better sensitivity."

There doesn't seem to be too many SifrXtrac enabled "mouse type" receivers out there so I was wondering if anyone has used it in trouble areas like NY, or any other city with urban canyons.
    Any comments would be great!
    08 Lincoln Navigator

Although its not a "mouse type" reciever, i have been using an Xtrac reciever for a couple of years now. Never had problems either using memory map out in the country or sat nav in central london and all over England/Wales, i can even get a 3D fix inside my house. Same chipsets as far as i can see, so any differences would be in the implimentation/build quality of the unit. Hope it helps a little with your decision, if you have any other questions i'll be happy to help!

Which model/type do you have? There doesnt seem to be many models with it. When driving in London do you ever get the maps going around in circles??
      08 Lincoln Navigator

Its a Fortuna Clip-on Bluetooth GPS reciever. I had no problems at all, I spent a few weeks riding a motorcycle to the north of england and back every day not so long ago. I would wear the clip-on on its lanyard round my neck, put it inside my leathers with a jacket on top, stuff the pocket pc in a pocket connected with bluetooth and just rely on voice guidance from TomTom....never got lost once, thats a pretty blind test i think It comes with a USB charching cable that you can plug into the included car and house plugs, so you can charge it anywhere. The battery is the same as a Nokia although the nokia wont last as long.....but they are cheap as chips so you can afford a couple And you can use it with any device that has bluetooth, PC, PoketPC, Phone, Palm etc. The two things i like about it most are that its completely portable between devices/vehicles, and it has its own power supply so its not draining my pocketpc battery! Take a look at the review here

Fortuna Clip-on Bluetooth....tried to post a link earlier but the post hasnt appeared! you can see a review on pocketgps world. no issues in the city or country...

Im not into BT devices,, I need mine hardwired anyway...
            Sounds like a good one to have though..
            08 Lincoln Navigator