Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alternate for use TomTom into carputer...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternate for use TomTom into carputer...

First, excuse my poor english, sorry..

I just have discovered one program for install into de carputer in order to view and use a PDA from the carputer.

Pocket Controller-Professional v5.07
    SOTI, Inc. - Remote Control, Management and Support of all Windows based mobile devices

This program are skineable, and have maked one skin for the RR BMWE36 Skin

Only have two problems to solve, first, redirect de USB GPS Com port to the BT com port for use with the TT6. ** SOLVED WITH FRANSON GPS GATE 2.0.1 - ACTIVESYNS COM PORT REDIRECT ****

And two, when the phone have one incoming call, the RR need to receive any instruction to change to the Phone Skin....

I use a SPV M3100 by Orange, Vodafonized ;-) (same as HTC TyTn, Qtek 9600, I-mate JasJam, etc..)

hello,
    can you tell me how did you make the skin???

kind regards

Comment

Great find. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jermaine View Post
        hello,
        can you tell me how did you make the skin???

kind regards
        Hello, sorry for the time to reply....

The skin is very easy to make... the only that you need is a image with all buttons that you want to use.... Map the buttons (coords. X1-Y1, X2-Y2) in square, and associate the button mapped to a action into the skins.ini, have much examples into it.

Sorry never have studied english... and my english is very basic...

Just have added a .rar with the skins.ini modified for my, and the image for the skin, I used the name "HTCTyTN2" for my personalized skin.

Kind regards
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by scaff View Post
          Great find. Thanks

It works perfect!!!

Thanks at all!

Comment

I Just have redirected the GPS signal from my USB GPS Mouse (GNS with TMC) to the PDA, by the Activesync cnection, using Franson GPS Gate 2.0.1 installed at the PC and the PDA..

Dont need BT or screen for GPS use... only need and USB port and Activesync compatibility.. if you have any Crashed PDA, its possible to use like GPS....

Comment

you could even buy a pda with a cracked screen or something cheap on ebay and use it....:-)
              Not doing carpc anymore

Comment

Originally posted by _dopehead_ View Post
                you could even buy a pda with a cracked screen or something cheap on ebay and use it....:-)
                This are a great idea.... and not is neccesary (for GPS) the BT connection... if you dont want to use like a PDA-Phone.... for example..

But the PDA with cracked screen are very accesible at ebay...

Comment

I don't understan the problem between USB GPS and BT....what is this problem? I have just started to use SOTI Program...

Thanks
                  Software [|||||||||-]
                  My Own RR Skin [|||-------]

8" LCD TS 1024 x 768 - Epia M10000 - M2 ATX - 512 Mb - 40 Gb - Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Video Editor - Sitecom BT Dongle - GPS BT-77
                  RoadRunner - Destinator 6 - Waiting for RRMobile

Comment

rep

joliverf,did you already made Roadrunner responds when incoming calls.

Did you make more things,please give some more hints you work with Soti.

kind regards and sorry for my english too

Comment

Originally posted by teo256 View Post
                      I don't understan the problem between USB GPS and BT....what is this problem? I have just started to use SOTI Program...

Thanks
                      Not is a problem, the problem is when you have a GPS USB for the PC-Car, and install the PDA for use like a Navigator, the PDA need any GPS input, and the perfect solution is redirect the information from GPS USB to the PDA via Activesync, with, for example, Franson Gps Gate 2.0.1. with this dont need a PDA with BT for the GPS, for example...

If you have a GPS BT, dont need some software, the PDA receive GPS info by your GPS BT and works perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by jermaine View Post
                        joliverf,did you already made Roadrunner responds when incoming calls.

Did you make more things,please give some more hints you work with Soti.

kind regards and sorry for my english too

This is my idea, share all advances with it...

The Guru programmers it resolve in five minutes, but I never have programed in .NET, and not have many time to dedicate to it.. but, time at the time...

Kind regards!

Comment

Originally posted by joliverf View Post
                          Not is a problem, the problem is when you have a GPS USB for the PC-Car, and install the PDA for use like a Navigator, the PDA need any GPS input, and the perfect solution is redirect the information from GPS USB to the PDA via Activesync, with, for example, Franson Gps Gate 2.0.1. with this dont need a PDA with BT for the GPS, for example...

If you have a GPS BT, dont need some software, the PDA receive GPS info by your GPS BT and works perfect.
                          thanks a lot, I have GPS BT...so no problem.
                          I'll make my own skin and then i'll try it.
                          Software [|||||||||-]
                          My Own RR Skin [|||-------]

8" LCD TS 1024 x 768 - Epia M10000 - M2 ATX - 512 Mb - 40 Gb - Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Video Editor - Sitecom BT Dongle - GPS BT-77
                          RoadRunner - Destinator 6 - Waiting for RRMobile

Comment

I used to use SOTI for general use and noted the skining option. That been said this is the first skin I have seen for it and I'm impressed.

Terran
                            My Project Site

Comment

i only noticed you can't stretch the skin filling the 7"" display cause I get a message size is not supported.

any ideas????

Comment

Working...
                              X