Upgraded to iG3.0 - one issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgraded to iG3.0 - one issue

So as the title says, I just upgraded from iG 2.1.3 to 3.0, have applied iGkeys, will apply iGQuerty and a couple other mods - so far so good. However, the one issue I'm running into is the fact that I cannot navigate the menu structure with the keyboard as I used to be able to in 2.1.3. I was able to hit <enter> to get the main menu (this still works), but in 2.1.3, I could use the arrow keys to move between options, and <enter> and <esc> to go into and out of sub menus. In fact, my CFX skin in RR has a DEST button on it that sends keysrokes <enter><enter><enter> to get to the destination menu - which now no longer works. Has anyone seen a mod or other fix that will get my keyboard working for this? This is a major issue for me as I don't have a touchscreen, and have a custom button interface as my primary input that works by mapping to keyboard keys. Hope I won't have to go back to 2.1.3...

CarPC v2.5 up and running - all hardware installed, skin configured, and iG tweaked like crazy. Now for OBD-II, and voice control, and camera plugin, and... :nutz: - it never ends!

As disappointing as this issue has been for many of us, it's not the end of the world. You will still be able to create custom shortcuts to various iGuidance features. The method may need to be different, but you will achieve your goal.

What did you use to map keyboard keys in version 2.1? I used AutoHotkey for similar purpose, but when iGuidance version 3 came out AutoHotkey became useless for the same reason. I was forced to switch to AutoIt . AutoIt is able to access the various buttons directly, without the time consuming ArrowUp, ArrowUp, ArrowUp, ArrowRight, Enter, ArrowLeft, ArrowDown, ArrowDown, etc... (you know what I mean :-)

Comment

Hey Marvin, thanks again for the info you've provided both here and on GpsPasSion. You've been very helpful. I'll look into both AutoHotKeys and AutoIt for either 2.1.3 and 3.0. Hopefully I'll find a happy medium.

CarPC v2.5 up and running - all hardware installed, skin configured, and iG tweaked like crazy. Now for OBD-II, and voice control, and camera plugin, and... :nutz: - it never ends!

Comment

i will look into adding a keyboard hook to the new version of iGQwerty for arrows if its possible (which it should be)
        .______
        | '_ |__\___
        [(o)|___(o)] XB
        ._________
        | I__I I_I|_\__I
        [(o)______(o)]b VanPimpin'

LostReceptions Apps D/L Here

GPSGasoline- Rewriting

Draw- SkribblePad for Touchscreens

iGQwerty-iG3.0 Qwerty Keyboard

CarPCNetwork

Comment

That would be great, however, would you be able to have the buttons highlighted as in the 2.1.3 version as you move around? Having to count could be a pain. I think I'm just going to stick with 2.1.3 for now - Marvin was kind enough to hook me up with an old version of iGkeys for 2.1.x NA which works out pretty well.

BTW Marvin, it seems that the AutoHotKeys program doesn't have the functionality like AutoIt to decompile your .exe to modify the script. Any chance at getting the editable script? Please let me know if I'm being overly demanding on this and tell me to STFU Otherwise, you da man!

Comment

Even AutoHotkey does include a de-compiler. At the moment I'm not sitting in front of a PC which has it installed, but I'm quite certain it's there. Please double check it. If you don't find it let me know and I'll help.

Comment

Oh really? Cool. I haven't yet played with it, just looked through the list of features and the readme and didn't see it mentioned. I'll give it a shot. It seems to be working pretty well - I just now have to nail down how to get the focus between iG and RR working like I want it to.

Thanks again, you've been a huge help here.

Comment

Working...
              X