iGuidance Delay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iGuidance Delay

Hey guys for some reason my iguidance has had a really bad delay with GPS. I'll be driving and it has about a 30 second delay. It used to work just fine and I'm not sure what happened with it. I might have installed a new driver update for my GPS receiver or something...I can't remember. I have the BU-353 unit though. Has anyone else had this same problem?

well atleast i am not alone.

once i upgraded to ig3 from version 2 i have had a very annoying delay also. Specially when i am zoomed in. I am also using the bu-353.

i plan on switching to my rikaline 6010 and seeing if the delay is still there, ill let you know

Comment

I have the same GPS receiver, and had the exact same problem. I use IG3 as well.

Download srifdemo or any program that can reset the GPS receiver, and reset it to factory spec. It resolved the problem for me.

Good luck

Comment

My HU-232 does the exact same thing actually! I get about a two-three second delay. It used to be instant with iG2.1.3. As soon as I upgraded to 3.0 the thing started having a delay. It's long enough for me to go past a block before it comes up on the map.

Comment

Alrighty mrWRX, I will try resetting the GPS unit. Correction on the delay time...it's actually pretty close to 8 seconds...not 30 seconds lol. If resetting the unit doesn't fix the problem, I guess I'll be forced to buy a new unit...and it won't be the BU-353...

Comment

Sweet! SirfDemo fixed my problem! I did a factory reset in that software and it fixed the delay!

Thanks a ton mrWRX!

Comment

Some people have cranked it up to 9600 or faster with SirfDemo and have reported less delay than 4800.

Comment

Yeah I think there's only like a 1-2 second delay now so I'm pretty satisfied with it. Are there better GPS receivers you can buy to pretty much get rid of any delay time?

Comment

1 to 2 sec is what you normally get, because GPS receivers refresh the location info once per second and also the software refreshes the screen once per second. So unless the software uses a predictive algorithm, you will always experience the 1 to 2 seconds of delay.

Comment

Originally posted by Marvin Hlavac View Post
                    1 to 2 sec is what you normally get, because GPS receivers refresh the location info once per second and also the software refreshes the screen once per second. So unless the software uses a predictive algorithm, you will always experience the 1 to 2 seconds of delay.
                    That's true, but it was significantly faster with iG 2.1.3. After the upgrade the regular delay went up an extra 2-3 seconds. So in total it's 4-5 seconds.

Comment

just to update for you guys:

i swithced over to the rikaline 6010 receiver from the globalsat bu-353 and the delay is still there. Its on both UMPC and normal modes. So the delay issue is definetly due to IG3 and not the receivers. I never had this problem with IG version 2.#.#

Comment

It could be that 3.0 is using more memory and causing Windows to constanly access the page file. That's usually a dramatic performance drop. If you have a lot of states selected in the map loader, try just 1. You could also try sizing the window smaller to detirmine if it's the graphic drawing that's slowing it down. That all depends on how much memory and what PC you have.

Comment

Working...
                        X