Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The fastest Sat Nav software?

Hi all,

Basically I have an M10000 and it struggles a little even when running very simple things. So Sat Nav worries me a little because it is probably the most resource hungry app I am going to run on the car PC, and I want to make sure the M10000 can run it properly because I shell out the monies.

Instead of buying a Pentium-M board, does anyone know which is the fastest/lightest Sat Nav software at the moment? Or any comment/advice/experience to share?

Many thanks.

SatNav software tends to be processor intensive.
    Your best bet would be to tweak Windoze for erformance, I'd think. Even then, it may not be able to provide the performance you're looking for with a M!0000 motherboard.

Good luck.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Hi WY
      The M10000 has a 1GHz Nehemiah CPU so I don't see any reason why you couldn't run a normal navigation software, in fact I think you should be able to run any GSP software that is available. I have a HP-ePC, equipped with a 1GH processor the only thing it has trouble doing is palying HD-Video and open video files that is larger than 900mb. But if you insist on a light GSP software try http://www.oziexplorer.com/
      ~__o_\___
      =-O----O-'

www.polares.com.au
      www.itx.co.nz/index.php

Comment

both Iguidance 3.0 UMPC in both 3d and 3d modes worked on the M10k I had.

However, Streets and Trips 2006/2007 was much faster and worked better. It just didnt look as nice.

So basically a 1Ghz PC can do pretty much everything just fine except for heavy flash and heavy 3d.

So it doesnt matter which gps program you use, they will all work.
        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
        Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Working...
        X