Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPLIT: Tracking GPS

This is great info guys!
    I'm going to be taking a trip to VA, from RI this summer, and I'm looking into picking up a receiver, this info will help me alot. I'll probably go with Streets and Trips for software, since I already own it.
    While I'm out on this trip my wife is staying home with my son. I think I would like it if she could track my progress. This way I don't need to stop, and call her every 10 miles. (she worries a lot).
    Any suggestions on how, or if that's possible without spending $400 on specialized software?

Thanks in advance

yes, it's possible. You need to have an internet connection from wherever you drive. The applications would upload coordinates to a website.
    There are many services, mostly free, that will allow a user to view your progress plotted on a map from the coordinates you upload.

Search the forums for GPS TRACKING and do some reading....

Lastly, if your wife needs you to check in that often, I really feel for you...
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Sounds like this might work for you.
      http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/gps/...-mologogo.html

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert View Post
        Lastly, if your wife needs you to check in that often, I really feel for you...
        and why?

I think I would like it if she could track my progress.

Atleast they are happily married with childrens.

Comment

I can't fathom anyone who is in a relationship that requires such constant check-ins as vbeing anywhere NEAR "happy".
          Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
          How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

wouldn't it just be easier to use a cell phone?

I have used some of the tracking services, and they are ok, but if you hit a dead spot with no internet service, it's gonna look to you wife as though you haven't moved an inch...
            Tidder

Try RevFE
            The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert View Post
              I can't fathom anyone who is in a relationship that requires such constant check-ins as vbeing anywhere NEAR "happy".
              Hes climbing the Mt Everest? in a race? treasure hunts? wifes need to monitor his "progress" at all time in order to win?

Perhaps they work in a team and the team mate happens to be the wife?

Regardless they are both ok with it, its nice to see happy couples

Comment

Working...
              X