Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StreetDeck-worth the $ ?

Hi everyone

Im just wondering if Streetdeck is worth the money...
    And also, what you guys think about Centrafuse XLE

For no i'm using inCar treminal frontend with S&t 2007(which sux) for a carputer.

So before I invest some money it would be nice to know your opinions.

Thank you

Did you search or read at all?
    TruckinMP3
    D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

Comment

The only person than can determine if it's worth the money is you.

If someone tries to tell you otherwise, I'd be weary.

Only you know what will fit your needs. Only you know what you expect out of a piece of software. Only you know how you expect to use your CarPC.

I'd suggest downloading the demo of streetdeck and the demo of centrafuse if they have one and comparing the two yourself.
      Jan Bennett
      FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

I have to say there is one thing for them... I think CF is more EU friendly on the GPS side where as SD is more US....

That been said they both support XM but neither support DAB

Terran
        My Project Site

Comment

How about DBCS (doubt-byte character system)? I remember reading in the StreetDeck forum a few months ago that the current version of StreetDeck doesn't support it, but future versions will....

This kind of thing is important for anyone who has Asian language stuff... usic, videos, files, etc. on your PC. Adding support for it isn't a killer... it just requires thinking about it during the planning/design stage.

Comment

i use CF and i love it, you can get a free trial of CF, and use it for 30 days. im not sure if SD has that or not.
            VW .:R32

VW GTI 20th AE BMP

Comment

Have a look at Roadrunner... the abundance of resources for it is far better than any other frontend.
              Setup:
              Dynaudio 240GT
              PPI PC4100, PPI PC2350
              Zapco DSP6
              ADS DAC
              Testing new board (Albatron KI690-AM2)

"I dont know if complaints were filed, or mistakes were made, but feelings were hurt." -Krystal Washington

Comment

Originally posted by trititan View Post
                i use CF and i love it, you can get a free trial of CF, and use it for 30 days. im not sure if SD has that or not.
                StreetDeck has a free 30 day trial as well.
                Jan Bennett
                FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

I'm pretty happy with SD. The nav software is not the best (Mappoint 2006), but I don't use it for nav all that much. The best thing about SD is that it is incredibly easy to make it look exactly the way you want it to. Skinnability is very, very easy.

Overall, I am happy with my purchase.

And judging by your screen-name, Semper Fi
                  Dave
                  2005 Infiniti G35 6MT Coupe Black/Black
                  Core Duo CarPC
                  CarDomain page

Comment

Thank you for all your answers. Im gonna try the trial of CF and SD and see what's up.

Caelric Semper Fi

Comment

Quick question :P
                      So the way I see it, if I already have the Mappoint 2006 then all i have to buy is the basic version of CF and then integrate them both together. That is instead of buying the CF XLE for $275?

Comment

I have used both and I just ended up buying Street Deck a few nights ago. Centrafuse seems cool, but was a tad confusing. The other thing about centrafuse is that it costs twice as much as street deck right now since street deck has a sale on the full version with gps for like $139 where centrafuse is $275.
                        - MIke

Comment

Working...
                        X