No announcement yet.

Hackable Navigation system/GPS

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hackable Navigation system/GPS

I am getting a navigation system for my recently acquired Ford Focus Flexifuel. Is there anyone who knows of a navigation system that is hackable? Many of the units available seem to run Windows CE 5.

Has anyone succeeded in installing their own software on one of these? I am looking at implementing a rear view camera to display on the unit.

Your looking in the wrong place. You'll need some software called RoadRunner, for free, or Centrafuse, for $275. The software has the facilities for Cameras, radio, xm, internet, game emulation, gps, wifi, practically everything.

Good luck, and i'm sure the MP3car community will help you along your way.

The Navigon PNA 7000T seems to be hackable...

Thank you for your reply. I decided to get the Navigon PNA 7000T. It runs Windows CE. The good thing though is that if I connect it to my windows computer and explore the card contents it seems pretty easy to make it boot whatever software I want.

This should be a quicker and less expensive way to get a small computer running in my car. I guess that it should be possible to get it to play video and audio without much effort.